White dust blows out of air vents?

:sos: When I turn on my A/C (blower) a white dust or powder blows out from the air vents. The particles are not visible until they settle on the seat or passenger arm rest. I've had my Edge since Feb 07 and only noticed this over the past month or so. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, is there a solution?

:sos: When I turn on my A/C (blower) a white dust or powder blows out from the air vents. The particles are not visible until they settle on the seat or passenger arm rest. I've had my Edge since Feb 07 and only noticed this over the past month or so. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, is there a solution?

If it only happens when the A/C's on, sounds like an A/C problem for sure. I had something similar to this happen to me many years ago with a Dodge Intrepid company car. Can't remember what the dealer had to do, but I think the compressor was replaced.

Call or take it to your dealership and explein what is happening. They should ask where the vehicle is parked during the day and night. The plenum takes in outside air from the cowl area. They will be looking for road dust, construction dust, pollen, salt, etc. that can get into the pelnum and then be stirred up when you turn on the fan.

It could come from several sources, but not the compressor.

One answer leads to another question. That is why it is very difficult to diagnose vehicle conditions over a forum.

Edited by Grey

Good hands.....we think along similar 'lines'....I was going to ask if he lost an 8 ball down the vent........

Several years ago a friend of mine bought a used F150. He was at lunch one day and when he walked out to his car, the police were all around it. Seems the local PD was doing a random sweep of parking lots with their drug dogs and one of them alerted on his truck.

Long story short, 3 lbs of cocaine tucked up in his two front wheel wells. Turns out the truck belonged to a drug dealer who was arrested by the PD. The truck was confisicated and sold at auction. The guy the bought it at auction sold it to my friend.

After an hour or so of sweating it out trying to persuade the local constabulatory that the drugs weren't his, a different police officer arrived on scene who recognized the name of the guy who sold it to my friend as someone who buys a lot of vehicles at the different auctions.

They did take the truck for a couple of days and gave it a good, FINAL, once over to make sure they didn't miss anything else.

I sure hope it not drugs!- :wacko:

Thanks the suggestions, please keep sending them! I need to take it to the Dealer anyway; I'm also having the rear sunroof rattle and found the answer on a different thread (Ford TSB # 07-16-11 roof opening rattle / squeak). I'll post the results of the Dealer visit when done.

Oh, man, oh, man, oh, man.......3 pounds!!!!! Holy sh*t! I would've thought that I had died and gone to heaven if I found something like that in a recently purchased vehicle....if I ever get a used car again, I'm gonna tear it apart just to make sure....

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/21/magic-b...idden-surprise/

Check this link out.....