Pictor's new Edge

pictor

The sticker comes off this weekend, more tasks than I have time. The metal hoops are for clay pots for plants. The heat of the summer has done it's damage,the plants have turned to cinders. My wife will replant with fall plantings soon.

Carbon? The # 1 color!

Two things tho....

Remove the dealer decal from the back.

Are those hooks on the side of the house where you hang the Edge when you need more room in the driveway?

Very nice...I got the stock wheels, too....got a pleasant surprise of a $500 rebate when we picked up the car 'cause everyone was ordering the optional wheels, and Ford needed to move the stock ones.....I just like them better than the "chrome" onespost-1197-1187918235_thumb.jpg

The picture was taken last Wednesday at York Beach, Maine at Brown's Ice Cream....A must visit place if you are ever in the area......I'm originally from ME., and just went back for my 35th high school reunion...

Carbon? The # 1 color!

Two things tho....

Remove the dealer decal from the back.

Are those hooks on the side of the house where you hang the Edge when you need more room in the driveway?

I've got the Carbon as well (in case you couldn't tell from my name...) I love this color! Started out by looking for the Pewter, but then the dealer showed me the carbon with the black leather and I was sold. Also started out looking for an SE and ended up with an SEL+ (I guess they saw me coming).

I went a step further on the dealer tag; I removed the Edge and SEL lettering as well. It really cleans up the rear and if I ever get to wax it, the lettering's not in the way. Had an old man (no offense to anyone) come up to me in the parking lot asking what kind of car it was; he was impressed.

We have a summer place on an island in Casco Bay, Need a boat to get there from the mainland so hence the need to have 3500 lb towing capacity. A lot of bigger auto could do the job but the Edge has the right combination for us, daily commuter for my wife and weekend hauler for the trips to Maine (~150 miles each way). If would be nice to live in Maine, but the jobs aren't there, that why we bought ourselves a summer place.

Very nice...I got the stock wheels, too....got a pleasant surprise of a $500 rebate when we picked up the car 'cause everyone was ordering the optional wheels, and Ford needed to move the stock ones.....I just like them better than the "chrome" onespost-1197-1187918235_thumb.jpg

The picture was taken last Wednesday at York Beach, Maine at Brown's Ice Cream....A must visit place if you are ever in the area......I'm originally from ME., and just went back for my 35th high school reunion...

I've got the Carbon as well (in case you couldn't tell from my name...) I love this color! Started out by looking for the Pewter, but then the dealer showed me the carbon with the black leather and I was sold. Also started out looking for an SE and ended up with an SEL+ (I guess they saw me coming).

I went a step further on the dealer tag; I removed the Edge and SEL lettering as well. It really cleans up the rear and if I ever get to wax it, the lettering's not in the way. Had an old man (no offense to anyone) come up to me in the parking lot asking what kind of car it was; he was impressed.

Debadged the back? Tell me more!!! Take pictures please!!!!

How did it work "prying" them off?

quote name='Good_Hands' date='Aug 24 2007, 09:41 AM' post='6867']

It's a little dirty but here it is.

post-1226-1187965695_thumb.jpg[

They came off pretty easy. They're on with a double sided foam tape. I was able to gently twist them back and forth and worked the letter loose. Then just scraped the remaining tape off with my thumbnail mostly then used some goo gone to clean up the remaining residue.

Let the back of your ride sit in the sun right now and they will probably peel right off after about an hour. I'm sure you're seeing the triple digit heat in Memphis as we are here in the Atlanta area!

quote name='Good_Hands' date='Aug 24 2007, 09:41 AM' post='6867']

It's a little dirty but here it is.

post-1226-1187965695_thumb.jpg[

They came off pretty easy. They're on with a double sided foam tape. I was able to gently twist them back and forth and worked the letter loose. Then just scraped the remaining tape off with my thumbnail mostly then used some goo gone to clean up the remaining residue.

Let the back of your ride sit in the sun right now and they will probably peel right off after about an hour. I'm sure you're seeing the triple digit heat in Memphis as we are here in the Atlanta area!

Excellent! It should be close to 100 today. I will have to check that out. Thanks!

errr...excuse me!...we older guys also know what is good!!! ....lol.....afterall how do you think we got this old?....lol....

I am getting mine as soon as possible and that is towards Decemeber (closer to the end of my EXPEDITION lease)

Was going to ask how to remove the dealer badge, went to take a look so I'd an intelligent question and was able to peal it off (very thick and soft decal type badge).

So many thanks for mentioning it here! :bow: :hyper: I think the heat helped loosen things up a bit.