Sirius Travel Link Service

My 6 month trial is almost up and looking into whether to continue with Sirius Music and Sirius Travel Link Services.

I understand there are discounts available like 6 months of Sirius Music for $25. Has anyone continued with the Sirius Travel Link Service after their free trial? If yes, what are you paying?

I also understand that Sirius Travel Link Services are not available in Canada, but was checking if anyone else has pricing info on Sirius Travel Link Services.

Does anyone have both services and receiving a discounted price?

Just trying to see what is available for my future conversation with Sirius about renewing their services.

Thanks.

I had rec'd a letter from them stating I could get music services for half price ($86) plus some small fees. When I asked about the travel services they said I could also add those for half price but the total was going to be like $160 for the year. I ended up passing to see if they make a better offer. The travel features were nice but we rarely used them, still not sure the wife really knew all the features she had. But maybe in a few months they will offer up something better.

My 6 month trial is almost up and looking into whether to continue with Sirius Music and Sirius Travel Link Services.

I understand there are discounts available like 6 months of Sirius Music for $25. Has anyone continued with the Sirius Travel Link Service after their free trial? If yes, what are you paying?

I also understand that Sirius Travel Link Services are not available in Canada, but was checking if anyone else has pricing info on Sirius Travel Link Services.

Does anyone have both services and receiving a discounted price?

Just trying to see what is available for my future conversation with Sirius about renewing their services.

Thanks.

[/quote

Just renewed, $108 for music and travel link for 1 year. You don't have to buy whole travel pacage just the item you want. Since I have navigation all I wanted was travel link with weater and the like.

[/quote

Just renewed, $108 for music and travel link for 1 year. You don't have to buy whole travel pacage just the item you want. Since I have navigation all I wanted was travel link with weater and the like.

Thanks for the help. I just renewed for $106 for music and travel link for 1 year. Same here, have navigation and just wanted the weather map and fuel prices on the MyFordTouch screen for convenience. The breakdown was $86 for 1 year of Sirius Select music and $19.90 for 1 year of SiriusXM Travel Link. Taxes and fees added around $14. I also had them remove the auto-renew at the normal price option. For backup, I used a credit card I plan to cancel in a few months.

I know I am paying a premium of around $20 for the year to avoid having to renew in 6 months and to lessen the amount the warnings in my car that my subscription is ending soon. Howard, Sinatra and Blue Comedy are worth it to me to continue the service.

Out of curiosity...did you get the traffic too? Just wondering why I was quoted a higher price. I realize your price doesn't include their other fees but I thought that was only like 15 bucks.

No traffic. He first quoted $1.99 per month for SiriusXM Travel Link. That equaled $23.88 for 12 months. I then said I wanted a discount on that because I was paying for 12 months up front. He then lowered it to $19.90( he took 2 months off).

So it sounds like the only difference between your price and my price is one month of the Travel Link - or $1.99.

No traffic. He first quoted $1.99 per month for SiriusXM Travel Link. That equaled $23.88 for 12 months. I then said I wanted a discount on that because I was paying for 12 months up front. He then lowered it to $19.90( he took 2 months off).

So it sounds like the only difference between your price and my price is one month of the Travel Link - or $1.99.

I opted for the 24$/yr travel link a yr ago. I noticed that they dipped into my bank account and renewed it this week.

If I look at the Sirius subscription info on the Touch screen, I see all the travel link items green except the Traffic option. It's red and says I'm not subscribed to it. I don't used the traffic option (hell, I don't use any of the options cuz they hardly ever work) so I haven't noticed.

I'm going to call Sirius and cancel.

(My bet is that Sirius will be out of business in 3 yrs.)

After reading everyone here, I just called up Sirius and cancelled.

I picked up my new '11 MKX on Oct 31, 2010. After my 6 free months of Sirius I subscribed for a year on May 2nd, 2011. I paid $210 total for Sirius Select + Traffic + Travel Link + tax, etc., which I now realize was stupid.

I recently received 2 e-mails from Sirius stating my subscription had expired. 11 months after I started my YEAR subscription. I checked thier website and was informed I could renew my existing plan another year for $248, which is over 15% increase over last year's price.

I came here and read everyone's comments which prompted me to call Sirius directly and not bother with the website. After 15 minutes of Muzak and automated sales pitches I was finally was able to talk to a customer service rep. I explained the situation and told him that I will not pay for:

A one-year subscriptions that only last 11 months,

A 15% increase for something I really haven't used that much in 1-1/2 years,

Pay $80+ per year for Traffic and Travel Link which I found didn't work very well,

A service that will cost me over double of what other people are paying.

I was put on hold for the obligitory 5 minutes while Customer Service "talked to thier supervisor". He came back with the "promotional deal" of $160/yr.

I told him that wasn't good enough and to cancel me right now. He put me on hold for another 5 minutes, and then came back to tell me I was sucessfully cancelled and that I owed them something like $7.25. I told him that they can bill me for it.

Pro Tip: I originally subscribed using a credit card (actually a debt card) that expired prior to my 11 months. That saved me from automatically overpaying even more for something I realized I didn't really use that much. It actually saved me this time.

I'm with Wilson; I will also be suprised if they last 3 another years.

Average radio product

Poor travel and traffic aids

Shady business practices

Edited by johnd01
  • Like 1

After reading everyone here, I just called up Sirius and cancelled.

I picked up my new '11 MKX on Oct 31, 2010. After my 6 free months of Sirius I subscribed for a year on May 2nd, 2011. I paid $210 total for Sirius Select + Traffic + Travel Link + tax, etc., which I now realize was stupid.

I recently received 2 e-mails from Sirius stating my subscription had expired. 11 months after I started my YEAR subscription. I checked thier website and was informed I could renew my existing plan another year for $248, which is over 15% increase over last year's price.

I came here and read everyone's comments which prompted me to call Sirius directly and not bother with the website. After 15 minutes of Muzak and automated sales pitches I was finally was able to talk to a customer service rep. I explained the situation and told him that I will not pay for:

A one-year subscriptions that only last 11 months,

A 15% increase for something I really haven't used that much in 1-1/2 years,

Pay $80+ per year for Traffic and Travel Link which I found didn't work very well,

A service that will cost me over double of what other people are paying.

I was put on hold for the obligitory 5 minutes while Customer Service "talked to thier supervisor". He came back with the "promotional deal" of $160/yr.

I told him that wasn't good enough and to cancel me right now. He put me on hold for another 5 minutes, and then came back to tell me I was sucessfully cancelled and that I owed them something like $7.25. I told him that they can bill me for it.

Pro Tip: I originally subscribed using a credit card (actually a debt card) that expired prior to my 11 months. That saved me from automatically overpaying even more for something I realized I didn't really use that much. It actually saved me this time.

I'm with Wilson; I will also be suprised if they last 3 another years.

Average radio product

Poor travel and traffic aids

Shady business practices

Good move

• 2 weeks later...