2013 EDGE SEL AWD Tricare Protection

Hello to everyone,

I'm brand new to this forum and very excited. I just place an order for a 2013 EDGE SEL AWD and at the end of the deal, I've been offered a deal on, Tricare Protection package (approx $1100) wich is:

1. Tricare Electromagnetic Rust Protection Module

2. Tricare Exterior Paint Sealant

3. Tricare Interior fabric treatment

The plan is to keep the car at least 5-8 years, unless the gas price goes to the roof and I have to jump in the "Electric" car. Should I do it, or pass it? I like to keep my cars in top shape all the time, but is this effective or is just waste of money. I didn't find any proffesional and neutral reviews on the net.

I would appreciate any feedback,

Thanks,

jedi_m

Edited by jedi_m

The only things I'd recommend to prevent rust on a vehicle are: clear bra, lots of washing during the winter (especially underneath the car), and possibly a standard aftermarket undercoating.

The electronic rust inhibitors simply cannot work because your vehicle is not electrically grounded. More info: http://corrosion-doctors.org/Car/car-electronic-rust.htm

Crap. Rinse the salt off of it in the winter, wax it regularly, and buy a couple of cans of Scotchguard. Immediately after, send me $500, and you will have saved about $580. :)

Yeee, $580 savings, I like that :happy feet:

Edited by jedi_m

:evil2.0: Nice, thanks guys. Maybe the dealer will mach your $800 offer, buy seriously when you say is crap, or not worthted is like a general statement for any product that Ford Dealer is selling, or is that Tricare products really sucs?

:sos:

I saw on the showroom an Edge waiting for the customer to pick it up with this paint selant applied and it looks better than other Edge beside (factory original). What I don't know is if it will last longer and protect better than other regular waxes? OK, let's forget about Electromagnetic Rust Protection, but if I buy just the sealant package for $490 it's still a nonsense?

Edited by jedi_m

Yes. It's nonsense. The interior stuff is basically Scotchguard ($10), and the exterior stuff is almost identical to Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant ($20). Also notice, most make no guarantees of any kind when you buy it regarding rust, staining, etc.

OK thanks to everybody, I guess I'll pass the Dealer "protection", but I still want to do it myself. The car is coming in 4-6 weeks. Searching now for paint sealant vs wax and best recommended of these. :shift:

Lots of good threads on that here in this section. It's just a question of how much time and money you want to spend and how picky you are about the result.