Twin Force Edge

Fordnutz

I recently learned that Ford is developing a new twin turbo option for the 3.5L along with other engine platforms. Does anyone know if this is true, and if the engine with be available for the Edge. If so, when is it expected to be available?

Ford is working on twin power.......but its direct injection heads with a turbocharger. The 3.5 engine was originally designed for this.

There will also be a 3.7 engine with twin power .

The 3.7 will replace the 4.0 v6 in a lot of vehicles and could show up in the Mustang and other vehicles.

Direct fuel injection works best with low sulphur fuels.....which a lot of areas do not have yet.

Not sure when we could see these engines show up in production vehicles.

Richard and Barbie

Ford is working on twin power.......but its direct injection heads with a turbocharger. The 3.5 engine was originally designed for this.

There will also be a 3.7 engine with twin power .

The 3.7 will replace the 4.0 v6 in a lot of vehicles and could show up in the Mustang and other vehicles.

Direct fuel injection works best with low sulphur fuels.....which a lot of areas do not have yet.

Not sure when we could see these engines show up in production vehicles.

Richard and Barbie

I read where this could be announced as early as November, but can't confirm. I am in the market for an Edge and would rather have the Turbo option if its coming out soon. If you learn more, please let us know.

Edited by Fordnutz

I recently learned that Ford is developing a new twin turbo option for the 3.5L along with other engine platforms. Does anyone know if this is true, and if the engine with be available for the Edge. If so, when is it expected to be available?

Turbonetics is supposedly developing a turbo kit for the edge....also roushperformance.com (of roush mustang fame) may have engine aftermarket parts.

I read where this could be announced as early as November, but can't confirm. I am in the market for an Edge and would rather have the Turbo option if its coming out soon. If you learn more, please let us know.

Rumor is the MKS will have the twin force engine next fall, but no confirmation on that. There is also supposed to be a 2.5L I4 twin force engine.

• 4 months later...
Rumor is the MKS will have the twin force engine next fall, but no confirmation on that. There is also supposed to be a 2.5L I4 twin force engine.

It will be a 3.5 turbo motor and will produce 400HP. NO word if it will be in the EDGE buut it will be in the LINCOLN and not the MKX...

can't say anymore.

Good Night! 400HP. My Edge has plenty of power, and I make sure I'm headed where I want it to go when I stab the Pedal. Mine is Front wheel drive and will Dart across the Highway if you aren't hanging on real tight. If I had 400 HP all I would get is tickets.

I wonder when someone will cram a Lightning Engine in an Edge?