Ordered 2013 SEL

TMLfan

Hello all. I just ordered a 2013 Kodiak Brown SEL on Easter weekend and am like a kid on Christmas eve. This is the 1st new vehicle I ever ordered. Usually bought off the lot or used. I had a hard time deciding on the colour until I saw the Kodiak in the sunlight. Made my decision right there. My salesperson said up to 8 wks wait time. How I am going to last another 5-6 I don't know. Just wanted to introduce myself on here beforehand.

Welcome TMLfan

I have a 2013 Edge Limited and when the sun shines it is a very unique color and really stands out.

I ordered mine and it took around 8 weeks Get the VIN from the salesman and then go here http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

and when the car is getting ready to be built, the window sticker will show up.

Thanks jak. I called the dealership and had to leave a message since my salesperson was tied up with another customer. Waiting for a call now. Thanks for the tracking link. Look forward to seeing the progress on my new Edge :-). On a side note, a neighbor down the street works at a different dealership and had the Kodiak Brown in his driveway. I kept walking back and forth looking at it in the sun and am definitely pleased at my choice. Come on phone, hurry up and ring already!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to post back that I received my new Edge last Thurs. 6 weeks and 3 days after ordering it. Love the colour. I`m having fun trying to navigate through MyFord touch. The voice commands take a bit of work but starting to get the hang of it. Here are a couple pics. KodiakBrown2013edge168.jpg170.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for your positive feedback. I know for me, I made the right choice. I like the fact I'm the only one in town so far with this colour. The secret is out now unfortunately ;-) My dealer commented how much she liked it but wasn't sure how it would look from just the colour samples they received. Now she is planning on getting an Edge and Explorer in it for the lot. Has yours arrived yet Don? It should be getting closer.

TMLfan, nope not yet. I tried to find out info from the leasing company on Thursday, but he hasn't responded yet.

I also have a Nissan NV2500 cargo van ordered with him. The van has to be upfitted in Chicago and shipped to me. The EDGE is going to be shipped directly to my town.

I'm just keeping myself on top of things in the forum by watching others having ALL the fun.

Thanks for asking!

Don

Edited by Don G