Waxed front bumper, now 2 tone Edge

I was applying a coat of wax to my Wife's white Edge and after buffing out the dried wax I noticed a dingy looking color on the bumper. When I looked from the side where the metal hits the plastic bumper the difference in color is very noticeable and looks horrible. Needless to say my significant other is not so happy with me now, and I'm trying to fix the issue. Any idea on how to get that wax off of the front bumper?

I tried some bug and tar remover right after I noticed the issue, but no dice. Still white metal/now off white bumper. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So you got wax on the plastic? Go to Home Depot and get some Zep Citrus APC. Get one of their sprayers too (they're good!) and mix it 4:1 water to Zep. Spray on, agitate with your wash mitt and rinse. That mix should do it for you. If not, try 2:1, but you probably won't have to.

This could also just be the common variation in paint shades between the bumper and the rest of the vehicle - you just didn't notice it until now. It's because the bumper is plastic and is painted elsewhere. Once you get the wax cleaned up take it back to the dealer. If it's that noticeable they should repaint the bumper under warranty.

I was also wondering about this.

When the Edge was brand new, I didn't notice it as much, now that it a year old the bumper seems to be a creamer white ?

New

Protectionpackageerrors005.jpg

Protectionpackageerrors012.jpg

2011FordEdgeSportTMB006.jpg

A week old

Hmm i guess it was always a little off

2011FordEdgeSportMay102011003.jpg

2011FordEdgeSportMay102011001.jpg

2011FordEdgeSportMay102011005.jpg

The other trim pieces haven't discoloured or change colour, just the front and rear bumpers.

Protectionpackageerrors010.jpg

I have noticed this on some other Edges and MKX's which have the tri-white.

Edge is due for its spring Detail, so I will see if this helps, if not I will ask the dealer whats going on.

Edited by tmbubell