Any news on Sync Apps

Haven't heard anything about it but have a feeling this is still a long way off if it happens at all. Some are still having issues with teh MFT and when I asked my dealer about it they indicated they are still working on it. So if they haven't worked out the bugs for the base system I don't see them making more work for themselves.

• 7 months later...

Read this in Motortrend yesterday. Glad I finally ditched the Blackberry!

wot.motortrend.com/ford-rolls-out-new-aha-radio-glympse-kaliki-integration-for-sync-applink-311043.html

(FYI. JUst finished installing my in dash Pro Clip active cradle with hardwired USB connection for my new Galaxy 3s. Now it's time to fire up some Android apps)

Great move on their part. First it takes the load of the programming work of them and second if anything doesn't work right they aren't to blame. Smart idea.

But I have to love the criteria for the apps they list here: https://developer.ford.com/develop/approval-criteria/ Right at the beginning they have three requirements....seems like they should follow their own criteria.

Well, BlackBerry isn't the weak link here... it's Ford for not integrating AppLink with MFT (and from the sounds of it, it's a loooong time away).

I think the problem is they had to spend so much time just getting MFT to work they didn't have time for anything else like applink or the web browser, etc. Hopefully that's changed now.

I think the problem is they had to spend so much time just getting MFT to work they didn't have time for anything else like applink or the web browser, etc. Hopefully that's changed now.

They did tweet that it's coming to all vehicles, it's just a matter of time. That's good to hear, but I'm not expecting it too soon! :)