Vertical DRL's - What are all possible ways to achieve this?

This is starting to remind me of an old joke...

Three women are sitting at a bar discussing life and the talk turns to their relationships. One says "my lover is an athlete - he's very strong and forceful in bed." The second says "my lover is an artist - he's very sensitive and gentle in bed". The third is just staring into her drink. Finally she says "my lover sells Apple equipment - he just sits on the edge of the bed and tells me how great it will be when I finally get it" :hysterical:

I am waiting with baited breath for my pre-order as well.

Edited by TheWizard

That's a pretty accurate metaphor Wiz. ;) . (Think I may even start offering a line of Apple products along side my LED products. :idea:

Graniteguy. We have been accepting pre-orders for just over two weeks now and continue to do so. The oiginal production run was for 100 sets of EDGE-2s, but those have already been sold. Luckily I was able to add another 100 sets to this proiduction run. I still have lights available on this second shipment. We expect the second shipment of 100 sets to arrive the week of June 17th.

So when will you be receiving (and shipping) the first 100 pre-orders, Dan? And how can I find out if my order made the initial cut?

Dan had indicated in the main thread that he would receive the first shipment the week of June 3rd and start shipping them out soon thereafter (about 2 - 3 days transit to the end user).

What is the color temperature of these DRL?

Cellbine had mentioned they would match up nicely with 5K's.

Not trying to be a pr!ck (I did bother to respond :)), but both questions were answered in the main thread (http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12451-new-photos-movie-trailer-edge-2-next-gen-daytime-running-lights/), which should be read.

Edited by candurin

Dan had indicated in the main thread that he would receive the first shipment the week of June 3rd and start shipping them out soon thereafter (about 2 - 3 days transit to the end user).

The question was looking for confirmation of the date (since there was possibly a change due to the necessity to increase the initial order size) and how to know if a particular order made the first 100 cutoff (something that was never discussed). Sorry if that may have seemed redundant to you.

Well I just installed my puddle LED's. These are the bulbs I bought 2 x Car 35mm White 9 SMD 5050 LED Festoon Dome Light Lamp Bulb DC 12V NEW,

Just so you all know they are to long and the 9 panel LED is to wide,so it took some work to get them installed,they are very bright and look great. On another note does anyone know how to get super glue off paint????

Edited by tazmanken

So how does one go about having the vertical lights as the DRL? In the AUTO position, I have no lights whatsoever. I would want just the verticals on at start-up, no HIDs, and I don't want to have to turn on the lights every time I go for a ride just to turn them off again when I am parked. I guess the AUTO lights feature has me spoiled... :)

So how does one go about having the vertical lights as the DRL? In the AUTO position, I have no lights whatsoever. I would want just the verticals on at start-up, no HIDs, and I don't want to have to turn on the lights every time I go for a ride just to turn them off again when I am parked. I guess the AUTO lights feature has me spoiled... :)

You can go to your dealership and have the orange corner lights activated as DRLs (only 2013 edges can have the vertical pipes activated as DRLs) in their IDS software.

If you want lower/vertical DRL lights that come on from the time you turn the key, here's the best option: http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/Daytime_running_lights.html. These will give you exactly what you are looking for (and then some).

You can go to your dealership and have the orange corner lights activated as DRLs (only 2013 edges can have the vertical pipes activated as DRLs) in their IDS softwa

WHAT IS THIS IDS SOFTWARE? AND CAN I DO THIS MYSELF OR THE DEALER? THANKS

If you want lower/vertical DRL lights that come on from the time you turn the key, here's the best option: http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/Daytime_running_lights.html. These will give you exactly what you are looking for (and then some).

Edited by tazmanken

Sorry I haven't replied to this thread lately. Finally had a chance to look throught the "New Content". From reading all of the good replies from several of my customers, evrything seems to have been covered ;-). One thing I will add is that my manufacturer is working very hard to reduce the delay and to ship the EDGE-2 DRLs sooner than the week of the 24th. I am doing my part as well and having the first shipment sent to me by air. I can tell you that no one wants to see these DRLs arrive any sooner than I do. I appreciate everyone hanging in there with me. They will be worth it.

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to give a big thank you to Dan at Daytimebrightlites,I was having problems with my DRL's and after changing all the wire connections and still having the problem he sent me a new set.I have NEVER dealt with such a good company,and there products are the best. So THANK YOU Daytimebrightlites