I need some help for hid headlight!

I installed my hid light for both high beam and low beam today. I got a problem with my low beam for the day time running light. In the sunny day, they just flash couple times then turn off. I have use the relay kids, but it is still not working well with day time running light! For now, I just block the sensor,when I drive it, just keeping turn on the headlight! Anyone have other idea?

Edited by fly6

I installed my hid light for both high beam and low beam today. I got a problem with my low beam for the day time running light. In the sunny day, they just flash couple times then turn off. I have use the relay kids, but it is still not working well with day time running light! For now, I just block the sensor,when I drive it, just keeping turn on the headlight! Anyone have other idea?

first off ...no need for any lights in the daytime thats why the sensor is shutting them off....the relay kits are only necessary when the car is ready to turn them on ...also the sensors are sensitive as are powered relays they are probably interfereing with one another in the daytime because the sensor might pick up some darkness and turn them on ... when you round the corner it may pick up light and turn them off ... i have hids in my edge and trust me its just better to have them turned on manually will save you headaches later on with ballasts and ignitors burning out ...hope this helps

first off ...no need for any lights in the daytime thats why the sensor is shutting them off....the relay kits are only necessary when the car is ready to turn them on ...also the sensors are sensitive as are powered relays they are probably interfereing with one another in the daytime because the sensor might pick up some darkness and turn them on ... when you round the corner it may pick up light and turn them off ... i have hids in my edge and trust me its just better to have them turned on manually will save you headaches later on with ballasts and ignitors burning out ...hope this helps

The Daytime running lights are controlled by the smart junction box which is programmed to run the headlamps at a reduced voltage during the Daytime Running Lamps mode. This will not work with HID at all.

Normal headlamp mode will be fine . If the area where you drive requires Daytime running lamps then

you will have a problem.

Daytime running lamps can be turned off in the Smart Junction Box programming.

Richard and Barbie

Daytime running lights have to be one of the stupidist ideas to come along in ages....You poor people in Canada....thank God the US doesn't mandate them!!

Thank you guys.

IF I need daytime running lights, I can just turn on the fog lights, it is not a big problem. The problem is if I install hid light. where I should put switch, I mean in auto level, normal, parking or headlight.

and another problem is after I install it, my engin light turn on, What I should do? Go back ford dealer to reprogram or just go to any garage delet this code to turn of the light!

Thanks!

The Daytime running lights are controlled by the smart junction box which is programmed to run the headlamps at a reduced voltage during the Daytime Running Lamps mode. This will not work with HID at all.

Normal headlamp mode will be fine . If the area where you drive requires Daytime running lamps then

you will have a problem.

Daytime running lamps can be turned off in the Smart Junction Box programming.

Richard and Barbie

Do you have any ideal how to turn off? Do I need go back dealer to do that?

Thanks!

Daytime running lights have to be one of the stupidist ideas to come along in ages....You poor people in Canada....thank God the US doesn't mandate them!!

Not so. Mandated for motorcycles so I got in the habit of using them on the car so many years ago. Too many times the colour of the car makes it blend in with the road so the lights make it stand out and prevent folks from pulling out in front of you because they don't see you.

How many times have you seen some idgit at twighlight without their lights on? Makes them darn hard to see and judge their approach speed. Having the lamps on at all times just makes good sense.

Government is too intrusive in our lives as it is...just because some of the ''sheep'' out there don't know enough to turn their lights on at the appropriate time, doesn't justify laws mandating DRLs. If you want to drive around with your lights on during the day, fine and dandy...but, I shouldn't be forced to....there is no great body of evidence to show that DRLs reduce accidents...

Government is too intrusive in our lives as it is...just because some of the ''sheep'' out there don't know enough to turn their lights on at the appropriate time, doesn't justify laws mandating DRLs. If you want to drive around with your lights on during the day, fine and dandy...but, I shouldn't be forced to....there is no great body of evidence to show that DRLs reduce accidents...

hi:

do u have any ideal to disconnect the DRL module?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
Do you have any ideal how to turn off? Do I need go back dealer to do that?

Thanks!

While surfing the inter-web, I came across this, This is for others not necessarily you Fly.

Ford's offical responce to HID's in Canada:

In Canada, the Bullitt Mustang can't be ordered with HID lights as Canada requires daytime running lamps and the HID's can't be adjusted to do this unfortunately.