Stopping Internet X Price Pins?

Rockfish

Here I am trying to narrow down my new vehicle selection and thought I would be able to obtain a good price on a 2008 Edge without a lot of hassle by obtaining a X pin on blue oval. I now see they have been asked by Ford to stop giving out X pins over the internet. Since price is a determining factor in my choice the competition will obtain one more mark. It will be at least one to three more months before my funding will allow the purchase so hopefully Ford will change this restriction.

Has anyone else seen the Blue Oval announcement and did you read it as they have to stop giving Pins over the internet?

Here I am trying to narrow down my new vehicle selection and thought I would be able to obtain a good price on a 2008 Edge without a lot of hassle by obtaining a X pin on blue oval. I now see they have been asked by Ford to stop giving out X pins over the internet. Since price is a determining factor in my choice the competition will obtain one more mark. It will be at least one to three more months before my funding will allow the purchase so hopefully Ford will change this restriction.

Has anyone else seen the Blue Oval announcement and did you read it as they have to stop giving Pins over the internet?

You don't need the internet. If you have a friend who is/was an employee, they can get you a number in about 3 minutes.

One phone call. Done.

You don't need the internet. If you have a friend who is/was an employee, they can get you a number in about 3 minutes.

One phone call. Done.

No friends who are/were employees. Maybe I will have to ask around more but not sure if I will be successful since Ford does not have much of a presence in Maryland.

Well that's a shame, as I haven't recieved notification that a pin can't be given out over the internet, I think it's a good idea.

Perhaps, it's just that people don't want to give you one. If I remember correctly, we would need your social security number and name of first born.

Shucks, looks like Dodge scores again.

Actually side bet running on the board was that you would have a *hitload of excuses not to buy anyways,

hey I WIN I WIN Whhhhoooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooo YEA BABY!

What odds are you getting. If the prize is right I might be able to give you inside info on my purchase in a few months.

Well that's a shame.

Perhaps, it's just that people don't want to give you one.

I just visited the plan site, and stand by my previous statement above.

AXZ-Plan PIN Restrictions

The PIN must be generated prior to a sales agreement being written.

PINs may NOT be given to dealership employees for use by a third-party customer.

Dealership employees may NOT be used as brokers to locate AXZ-Plan customers for the purpose of providing PINs.

Violating AXZ-Plan rules will result in suspension of AXZ-Plan eligibility and may result in termination of employment with the Company.

Guess they just didn't like you on that site. What did you do? Spam them with the 1000 questions about the brakes there also?

I just visited the plan site, and stand by my previous statement above.

AXZ-Plan PIN Restrictions

The PIN must be generated prior to a sales agreement being written.

PINs may NOT be given to dealership employees for use by a third-party customer.

Dealership employees may NOT be used as brokers to locate AXZ-Plan customers for the purpose of providing PINs.

Violating AXZ-Plan rules will result in suspension of AXZ-Plan eligibility and may result in termination of employment with the Company.

Guess they just didn't like you on that site. What did you do? Spam them with the 1000 questions about the brakes there also?

I started this discussion to try to understand if Blue Oval was shutting down the X Plan pin forum since I read the thread on their site

X-PLAN PIN FORUM CLOSING DOWN

I have not requested one because I am not yet ready to buy in the 30 day cycle and have not yet determined my vehicle of choice.

Do you always try to assume what others have done, are doing or will do? Just a suggestion, do not give up your day job to enter fortune telling.

They have really cracked down on the x-plan pins. You cant just give a pin to anyone. You almost have to prove that they are related to you and if for some reason it does get by and ford finds out the dealer can be charged back the savings they gave to you.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. X plan rules haven't changed at all. You can still get one for friends and family.

What was happening with the BON forum is that dealers were actually telling customers (who were probably ready to buy anyway) to go to BON and get a X plan pin. There were a LOT of posts saying "just ordered one and need a PIN" or "did the deal, just need a PIN now". That's not what the X plan pins were intended for.

They're intended for Friends and Family of Ford employees and that's how they should be used.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. X plan rules haven't changed at all. You can still get one for friends and family.

What was happening with the BON forum is that dealers were actually telling customers (who were probably ready to buy anyway) to go to BON and get a X plan pin. There were a LOT of posts saying "just ordered one and need a PIN" or "did the deal, just need a PIN now". That's not what the X plan pins were intended for.

They're intended for Friends and Family of Ford employees and that's how they should be used.

I read a full writeup on the rules for the various plans that was posted on the Blue Oval.

The deep discount under invoice price that the A plan gives is for "relatives".

The X Plan which seems to be a no hassle "mini" deal at invoice is for

Friends & Neighbors:

An eligible Ford employee or retiree as noted below may sponsor up to four (4) PINs per calendar year to be used towards the purchase or lease of a new vehicle (see PIN Generation for details):

Selected individuals sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee such as an extended family member (other than those identified as "immediate family members" referenced under Program Descriptions and Eligibility – AZ-Plan), friend or neighbor.

Sponsors must know the individuals they are sponsoring.

and they listed qualifying questions:

· Is the customer someone you feel you know and can trust? YES

· Did a dealership employee refer this customer to you? NO

· Are you receiving or being offered cash or gifts to sponsor this customer? NO

· Is this customer a government employee or official whose use of the Plan may be construed as influencing a public official? NO

· Is this customer considering purchasing a competitor's product? YES

It seems for an X Plan price the definition of the word "know" is the question. Is it "know" in person or "know" over the internet?

I read a full writeup on the rules for the various plans that was posted on the Blue Oval.

The deep discount under invoice price that the A plan gives is for "relatives".

The X Plan which seems to be a no hassle "mini" deal at invoice is for

Friends & Neighbors:

An eligible Ford employee or retiree as noted below may sponsor up to four (4) PINs per calendar year to be used towards the purchase or lease of a new vehicle (see PIN Generation for details):

Selected individuals sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee such as an extended family member (other than those identified as "immediate family members" referenced under Program Descriptions and Eligibility – AZ-Plan), friend or neighbor.

Sponsors must know the individuals they are sponsoring.

and they listed qualifying questions:

· Is the customer someone you feel you know and can trust? YES

· Did a dealership employee refer this customer to you? NO

· Are you receiving or being offered cash or gifts to sponsor this customer? NO

· Is this customer a government employee or official whose use of the Plan may be construed as influencing a public official? NO

· Is this customer considering purchasing a competitor's product? YES

It seems for an X Plan price the definition of the word "know" is the question. Is it "know" in person or "know" over the internet?

If the speed limit is 65, do you worry about going 66?

You are really over analyzing this.

If the speed limit is 65, do you worry about going 66?

You are really over analyzing this.

That might be true (the over analyzing part not the going 66 part) but up until a few weeks ago I did not know about X Plan prices. Then I joined this forum and the Blue Oval to find out more about the Edge and saw a thread on obtaining the X plan price. Shortly afterward, I saw the thread about Ford wanting to shut it down. That is what confused me so I started this thread to discuss it. You and the others here may have been through this before so it may look like over analyzing but it is my way to understand some of the background and rules.