Replacing LED in Vertical Light Strips

While I absolutely love the Daytime Bright Lites version with Phillips DRL's, this mod is expensive no matter if you do it yourself or get the guys over at DTBL to do it for you. I have converted all front facing lights over to 6000K (55W HIDs and Type 2 VLED Switchbacks) and now am frustrated with the final lights that just don't match, the verticals. Just had a little baby girl, so my wife would kill me if I were to spend $200+ on those bad boys, so looking to do a patch job until she stops monitoring the accounts so close, lol. Has anyone opened this housing up to see if you can simply replace the single fire LED with a 6000K high output (CREE anyone?) to get the color match?

• Like 1

I would imagine you could. Just depends what bin Cree you can get. Luxeon might be a better match. It should just be soldering the new led to the factory board.

Having said that, I love my DTBL DRLs. I just didn't tell the wife and made sure I stocked up on formula for my daughter BEFORE I purchased them (wife still hasn't noticed the lights are different).

Edited by candurin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...