H&R vs Eibach? and other questions

Now I know most people go with H&R and I was just wondering what the major difference was between Eibach and H&R? Also I know theres a a lot of people on here that use Plasti dip and i was just wondering how they like it and if its recommended? Keep in mind my edge is a lease but i most likely will buy it out at the end cause I love it. Also any other mods anyone has to offer I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

SItting on Eibach springs. As for quality all I can say is I had two different mechanics tell me they liked Eibach over H&R. The Edge rides and corners 100% better

IMG 0079

No plasti dip. Ebay 9x3.5" ford replacement emblems and check out all your options. Unless you just need it to say Ford somewhere there are all kinds of cool machined pieces that are works of art IMHO.

New Billet Aluminum Emblem

As for some other modification ideas have you changed out any of the drab dull incandescent bulbs for some LEDs? That's a fairly easy project and not terribly expensive. Switchbacks on the front are excellent looking if you have a limited with the HIDs or if you have upgraded the headlights on another model.

Edited by Cdpratt69

You are going to LOVE those springs. They are so close in performance to the Eibach that I think it would take a pro to tell the difference once mounted up on the Edge.

Check with a paint and body shop on having your grille done. I bet the shops will be way cheaper than the dealership. The shops can get the Tuxedo Black with no trouble now.

I appreciate your props on my grill. :mademyday: Check out my photo album on my audio upgrades and see what you think. It might just get you started on a very expensive adventure. I'm telling you now that if you decide on Audio upgrades I am not taking the blame for the dent on your checking account! :shades:

I got my HID lights from Retro-Solutions. There were a few quirks but they were mostly my fault. I got the 55w kit and it was like adding two more headlights. I can see so much better and farther at night. The lights are fantastic. I chose the 6000k light temp because I like the tiny bit of blue. It is so slight it is almost impossible to see the color. If you are interested in getting rid of some of the ugly incandescent bulbs then may I suggest www.superlumination.com and please tell them Chris Pratt sent you. They have great stuff, fast shipping, and they stand behind the products.

Finally, here is a link to get you started on some great Ford Emblem replacements. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=2011+Ford+Edge+Billet+Emblems&_sacat=33645&_odkw=&_osacat=33645&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&Make=Ford

Let me know how that works out for ya!

Chris

Well aren't you just a Debbie Downer...I had a really good experience with them but that is all I have to go off of. What company do you like and suggest? I'd like to know for future reference.

p.s. How goes the subwoofer setup design? Any time for it yet?

Chris

This one: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=3956

Warm up time is faster, components are better, etc. Hell, I even had a problem, and they pulled their own cars out of their warehouse and helped troubleshoot for an hour.

For the subs, I simply haven't yet had time.

I work for a suspension company, so I will likely install a set of 36 way adjustable dampers when we release the the kit. The owner of the company has been begging to get my Sport on the lift so the R and D team can do testing and measurements. I've been hesitant because the Edge is brand new and I'm not quite ready yet to tackle any mods.

• 1 year later...