Badge less Grill

ChrisV

You can black out your Ford with the plasti dip too, here are some before and afters of what I did to our 07. (use your imagination for the blue logo)

IMG 20120701 00183

IMG 20120705 00195

IMG 20120705 00193

Its a bit time consuming to cut around the ford chrome lettering but worthwhile, it has held on very well and not peeled off yet in 2 months.

I used a small exacto knife with a very sharp blade. If it doesnt suit your taste in the end, hey you can peel it off right.

I think you guys are missing the point of what he actually wants. he wants a grille that doesn't have it at all, not blacked out. at this point something would have to be made because the portion of the grille that is cut out for the oval would have to be built up, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do if you were good at working with fiberglass.

I think you guys are missing the point of what he actually wants. he wants a grille that doesn't have it at all, not blacked out. at this point something would have to be made because the portion of the grille that is cut out for the oval would have to be built up, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do if you were good at working with fiberglass.

This is exactly what Iam talking about pretty similar to what some of the newer Audi grills look like. Definitely going to have to make this. I have done fiberglass work in the past don't think should be to hard. Hey if I pull it off I could make some for other people that might want this option also.

• 1 month later...

actually there ARE badge-less 'billet' grilles for the edge on ebay... i saw another member who bought one and then had it black powder coated to match his black edge... looked sweet.

considering doing this as well, rather than plastidipping my factory grille; but will do that first and see what i think... if it doesn't do it for me, then i will go the powder coated billet route.

• Like 1