JL Audio Stealthbox Finally Here

Well, it has been almost a month since I ordered my Stealthbox (7/25/12), it arrived today. Took it out of the packaging which is almost 3 times the actual stealthbox size. First impressions are very good, nice solid quality build. Only thing missing is the template, I will contact JL tomorrow about getting one faxed or emailed over. I will post pics soon and hopefully the install will be this upcoming week. By the way i paid 509 for it not the normal 599.

That is good to know. I'm actually looking for this product for my 2013 Edge with Sony system.

Ā 

When I put volume higher than the half only the trebble and mid range get higher. The bass remain like at half volume and something is really missing.

Ā 

Do you think that change can really help for global sound or this is cause by the sub amp.

Ā 

I really want to see your installation photos.

Ā 

Does this is connecting directly with OEM stock wire?

Edited by guidelagui

That is good to know. I'm actually looking for this product for my 2013 Edge with Sony system.

Ā 

When I put volume higher than the half only the trebble and mid range get higher. The bass remain like at half volume and something is really missing.

Ā 

Do you think that change can really help for global sound or this is cause by the sub amp.

Ā 

I really want to see your installation photos.

Ā 

Does this is connecting directly with OEM stock wire?

You can hook it to the stock sub amp, but that would be defeating the purpose. The speaker in the Stealthbox needs 150 watts RMS minimal. Not sure what the stock sub amp puts out, but most likely it is 100-150 watts max. I'm not sure what the Sony system sounds like in the Edge, but the main purpose of the sub is for better Bass. I do have the Sony system in my 2013 SHO, only because you can't buy a SHO without it. I have yet to crank up the volume on it, but im sure it is very similar to the Sony system in the Edge. They do share the same chassis.

• 5 months later...

Dingo ur funny. You cruise around the posts correcting people....from what I see, most of the time your right. (After looking it up cuz I sure don't know all this edge trivia) I have a question for you; I could just look in the manual but hey, that's no fun. 2012 limited. "Base" rental car package. Sony 10 speaker or 12 or whatever it is. How do u turn on the heated mirrors? Is there a specific button or do they turn on with the rear defroster button ? What's the deal with the hard shift at yield sign? I've had two kinda hard ones. I can kinda anticipate them. It does have an odd shifting behavior. Can be really fast if use it right.

I only really have corrected that dude. He irritates me by being pessimistic and arrogant while offering no help to anyone.

Ā 

The mirror heaters turn on with the defroster, if you actually have heated mirrors. Turn on the defroster, wait about 30 seconds, and feel the mirror with your fingers. You'll quickly know if they're heated.

Ā 

That hard shift has a tsb to correct it. Ask your local dealership.

• 2 weeks later...
I only really have corrected that dude. He irritates me by being pessimistic and arrogant while offering no help to anyone.

The mirror heaters turn on with the defroster, if you actually have heated mirrors. Turn on the defroster, wait about 30 seconds, and feel the mirror with your fingers. You'll quickly know if they're heated.

That hard shift has a tsb to correct it. Ask your local dealership.

i do offer to help others and I have, you are just mad because I corrected you on the sub woofer thread. Don't get your panties in a bunch because you were wrong. I don't like telling people to go do something if they are uncomfortable doing something. There are many different types of people out there. Just because you feel comfortable doing something to your car doesn't mean the next guy will. I also have seen multiple threads were you have been wrong and given out the wrong info. You can pull the wool over someone's eyes that doesn't know any better. But your not gonna fool me with the wrong info and trying to tell me you are right. I will give you credit for being right on some things and having the guts to pull apart your new car. But like you I understand how the cars snap together and how complicated looking things are simple. A lot of people don't want to rip apart a 30k plus vehicle. That's why I don't tell people to do it unless they are comfortable doing it.

I've actually found Dingo to be rather helpful, and would be interested in seeing a post where he is wrong. I'm not saying he's never wrong, but he seems to generally be on point. He corrected something I posted once, and I didn't take it to heart.

Ā 

With almost 1500 posts to Dingo's credit, I'd go as far to say that he's a good contributor to the board.

I agree he has a lot of posts, it seems he has nothing else to do rather than live on this forum. If that's what he wants to do so be it, but yes he has been wrong on a few occasions which is understandable. Everyone is wrong once in awhile, including myself.