HIDs in 08 Edge Problem

i have a 08 edge, i installed 5000k hid kit from xentec 35w with slim ballast. i have installed the relay harness and i still am having problems with only headlight turning on, sometimes they will both turn on but hardly ever. its not always the same light that doesnt turn on either.. anybody have this problem too? or do you know of a known good company to get the hid kit from? thanks

I have an 08 SEL and I have the same problem. I got my HIDs from xtremehids.com cause my friend used theirs in his eclipse's projectors and he loved them. Their not bad systems and I have the problem where my left headlight wont come on all the time. I find that if the light switch is turned to "automatic" when the car is turned on, then both with turn on. When the switch is turned to off, and then I switch it to on or automatic then the left one decides to stay off. It starts to come on, flickers, then turns off. Hope that helps...and yes the ballasts are digital

I would try to run them without the relay harness. I had a cheap harness that was to long and the wire gauge was way to thin to run both ballasts. If it works fine without the harness, I would still purchase a quality harness or rebuild your cheap harness with 14 gauge wire. I ran my 35 watt kit off the stock wires for about a week before installing my rebuilt cheapo harness.

ok im pretty sure they are digital but i will check that, i know both circuits work because my factory headlights work. ive tried them with and without the harness installed and it happens either way. ive tried leaving the auto lights on and it doesnt seem to make any difference. i am returning this set i bought. going to try a different company.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So no response from the website yet but I have fixed the problem for now. When I start my car I leave the lights off, wait about 30 seconds and then turn the lights on and they come on without a problem. Probably just need time to heat up....this may not solve everyone's problems but its worth a shot

Let us know if the company responds to you.

Doesn't seem like they will....been a few weeks now and I don't really think about it anymore b/c as long as I let them heat up for half a minute they're fine...if I run into another problem, I will let you guys know and definitely be more assertive in contacting the company

• 3 weeks later...

EdgeRacer: I would encourage you not to give up getting HIDs for your Edge. The main issue is YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) when it comes to aftermarket HID kits. Some folks have had good luck with DDM, others have not. Some have had good luck with Resto-Solutions, some have not.

Ā 

As for me, I have had really good luck with my vendor, even after moving two of the ballasts to my 2011.

Edited by PrinzII