Which CAI Do U Have???

Mike Monaghan

So yesterday when I ordered my intake I purchased it from advanced auto parts web site. They have a 15% off for orders over $50 and you get a $25 coupon. Anyway I selected the free ground shipping and they sent it 2nd day air. I think they may very well keep my business if this keeps up. Should have it tomorrow.

Edited by UnfocusedEdge

Well its installed. I did most of the K&N intake prep work inside where it was nice and warm. The install went smooth. Hardest part was getting the rubber around the heat shield. I love the new sound. Sounds sporty now. A bit more responsive. I'm sure it will become alot more it I ever get her tuned. Maybe I can talk my wife into buying the Xcal3 tuner for my birthday in January. Lots of luck there.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'13 Edge Sport, 3.7L, using the Jet Performance Module #71103 (Auto Anything), stock air intake with a Green USA Filter performance air filter (10%+ air flow over others) @ +/-10 hp & .5 to 1 mpg gain on 87 octane gas (expecting better on 93), good driving & throttle response, with a slightly better sit-of-the-pants acceleration thru-out the power band. No ill effects. Wondering if I add the K&N CAI with a Green USA Filter & Jet Module if I'd see/feel any added benefit? I'll let you know the results if I do.

Note: Ford PCM's (on board computers) have a adaptive learning phase for changes to air/fuel/timing perimeters & driving habits, usually 5 to 7 normal drive cycles. When you install a CAI, high flow filter, and/or performance module, tune @ "unhook the battery" to cancel previous perimeters learned/used and drive 5 to 7 normal driving cycles, to better see/feel any mpg difference, performance gains, throttle response, etc.

Edited by dark sport

• 3 months later...