iphone 4 with ios 6 - MFT Messaging (Texting) anyone have this working?

sending will not work with iphone, period. and even if it did, there are only like 10 messages to choose from because it doesn't do speech to text. you could always activate siri if you have a 4s or 5.

I wish they added an option to be able to activate that through steering wheel controls, ie single press for mft or double press for siri.

Edited by c_bova

I got the update with the new Nav card. I am not receiving notification from Sync when I receive a text. I have an i5. What do I need to do to receive notification? I went into options and changed it to the first noise that is listed, but it doesn't seem to be working.

If you do not see "Show Notifications" under your Sync options on the phone try this:

1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone. Wait a minute to make sure everything clears.

2) Turn the phone off and on again. You don't need to reboot the phone but make sure it is physically off and then on (not just lock and unlock). Turn the car off and then on again.

3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.).

4) On your phone, turn BT off. Turn it on again.

5) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.

6) Go into the settings screen for Sync. You should now see "Show Notifications".

7) Set Notifications to "On".

8) Back up a screen on the phone and turn BT off again. Turn it back on.

9) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to BT.