Ford Special Orange Coolant?

SyN

I have did a bit of research on this coolant and this has me really confused. Is this a Dex-Cool Clone? Or Dex-Cool in disguise? I have also read where ford-GM and others are trying to decide on just one coolant. Many have stated that Dex-Cool is this coolant. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

One-world coolant? From what I have heard about Dex-Cool, it is not good, at least in GM vehicles.

About Ford & their "Orangina":

http://macsworldwide.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/ford-goes-orange/

Motorcraft® Orange Antifreeze/Coolant Prediluted

• Recommended by Ford Motor Company; meets warranty requirements
  • Orange-colored, longer-life, ethylene glycol-based antifreeze/coolant for use in gasoline and diesel engines
  • Provides year-round antifreeze, anti-boil and corrosion protection
  • Ready-to-use. No need to add water. The 50/50 mixture of coolant and treated (purified) water provides freeze protection down to -34°F (-37°C) and boiling protection up to 265°F (129°C)
  • Use only when specified
    • Use when Ford Specifications WSS-M97B44-D2 or WSS-M97B44-D are specified
    • Do not mix different colors or types of coolant in your vehicle. Make sure the correct coolant is used. Mixing of engine coolants may harm your engine’s cooling system. The use of an improper coolant may harm engine and cooling system components and may void the warranty.
    • Do not use this product in systems originally equipped with the fluorescent green-colored Motorcraft® Premium Antifreeze/Coolant, meeting Ford Specification ESE-M97B44-A, or with the yellow-colored Motorcraft® Gold Antifreeze/Coolant, meeting Ford Specification WSS-M97B51-A1, or with the dark green-colored Motorcraft® Specialty Green Engine Coolant, meeting Ford Specification WSS-M97B55-A

[*]Meets or exceeds the requirements of WSS-M97B44-D2, GM 6277M and ASTM D 3306

[*]Contains a bittering agent

[*]Available in one-gallon bottles or 55-gallon drums