Creaking noise coming from drivers side b-pillar

I have a 2008 ford edge and there is a creaking noise coming from either the doors or the b-pillar on the drivers side when you go over speed bumps or drive on an angle such as pulling in or out of an elevated drive way or ramp.

So when the body twists or flexes there is a creaking noise coming from the b-pillar area. I don't think it's an easy answer such as a trim piece rubbing because the trim feels pretty solid and when I push on it the trim doesn't move or make a noise.

Any Ideas? I may take the trim off and drive around to see if I can pinpoint the source.

Thanks!

John

Ok... maybe it's a CD3 platform thing... It's like the doors shift within their housing as the body shifts (ever so slightly). If the 2013 models are doing this too, then what else can be said? For a 2013 model, you'd expect the chasis to be a even tighter than a 2008 due to production improvements. OH WELL... Other than that, I really love the vehicle. My MKX has literally been trouble free.

I have a 2008 ford edge and there is a creaking noise coming from either the doors or the b-pillar on the drivers side when you go over speed bumps or drive on an angle such as pulling in or out of an elevated drive way or ramp.

So when the body twists or flexes there is a creaking noise coming from the b-pillar area. I don't think it's an easy answer such as a trim piece rubbing because the trim feels pretty solid and when I push on it the trim doesn't move or make a noise.

Any Ideas? I may take the trim off and drive around to see if I can pinpoint the source.

Thanks!

John

That noise was driving me nutz--- so, I fixed it. Easy to fix. Get a can of white lithium grease and spray the door latches. Do it on all four doors -- the noise will go away for a long time. Seems like Ford wanted you to lube places that need lube! :reading:
  • Like 1

That noise was driving me nutz--- so, I fixed it. Easy to fix. Get a can of white lithium grease and spray the door latches. Do it on all four doors -- the noise will go away for a long time. Seems like Ford wanted you to lube places that need lube! :reading:

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

• 4 months later...
Flyer when you say door latches you mean the actual closing mechanism correct ( latch, ring) or the hinges? Driving me nuts also in my 2010

The latch mechanism--- that "V" shaped part that grabs the silver part pn the body. Doesn't hurt to do the hinges either-- That'll make it easier to open & close---

Same here, on our 2010 Edge Limited (which I sold recently), I had this creaking noise coming from the b-pillar at ear hight, I identified it coming from the rubber seal that rubs against the body. Like Iraia said, cleaning and a thin layer of silicon was the solution; solves it for 6 months to a year!

My wife's new 2013 MKX is sofar silent, but as soon I hear a creak; I have the silicon spray ready!

Edited by edino

• 1 month later...

Let us know if it works for you, too. It took me a long time to chase that noise down! :hyper:

I know its been a while, forgot to rely back to this. This got rid of the noise for me!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...