Is Equipment Group 101A necessary

Jessey

I am looking for a 2013 Ford Edge SE and find that there are two types of Edge SE in the same dealer on the internet: one with Equipment Group 101A and the other without the equipment 101 A. The one with the 101 A will cost around $1,000 more than the other. I have no idea what Equipment Group 101A is. The dealer told me it includes: the convenience package, voice-activated sync, and Sirius XM satellite radio, but I still have no idea what are these for. So, is necessary to spend $1,000 on the group 101 A? Thank you very much for helping me.

I am looking for a 2013 Ford Edge SE and find that there are two types of Edge SE in the same dealer on the internet: one with Equipment Group 101A and the other without the equipment 101 A. The one with the 101 A will cost around $1,000 more than the other. I have no idea what Equipment Group 101A is. The dealer told me it includes: the convenience package, voice-activated sync, and Sirius XM satellite radio, but I still have no idea what are these for. So, is necessary to spend $1,000 on the group 101 A? Thank you very much for helping me.

www.ford.com . All the details about all the packages for all models is on the Edge page.

Here's a link describing Voice-activated Sync - http://www.ford.com/.../#page=Feature9 Ford Edge brochure - http://www.ford.com/...ostalCode=43566

Package 101A contains the following:

Features include:

• Auto-dimming (electrochromic) rearview mirror
  • Automatic headlamps
  • SecuriCode™ keyless entry keypad
  • Compass
  • Reverse Sensing System
  • Below floor cargo management
  • Voice-activated SYNC®
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio

I strongly urge you contact the dealer for demo and description of the options. You'll need a paid subscription for Sirius XM Sat radio after the grace period expires. I don't recall the time period for Sirius from the factory.

Edited by rwolson

typically you get the first 6 months of Sirius free. For resale alone I think 101A is a good choice. The backup feature is nice to have no matter the vehicle, you can save that much in avoiding one rear end collision with a fixed object that you dont see. The keyless entry is nice, especially if you dont want to carry keys with you, you can lock them in your vehicle and lock it with the code. Even if someone were to break in through a window... without first entering the code, you wont start the engine. Automatic headlamps are a nice feature that you get used to quick, and if you live in a wipers on lights on state you could save yourself a traffic ticket as they automatically go on with the wipers.

I would definately go with the 101A pqackage, unless it puts a big dent in your budget. Dollar for dollar, it's a good deal for all you get. Auto dimming rear view mirror and auto headlamps are great, not to mention the reverse sensing system, and keyless entry. As Edgieguy stated, adds to the resale value, and are options that many would look for. If you break the extra in payments over 4 years, it's not evem $21 more a month.