Using foot to open trunk like on the Escape???

I get what your saying, but unless your standing by your car within the perimeter keys detection zone when you scare your cat or have a swell of wind to stir some leaves i think you'd be fine. I mean really, consider what the consequences are of what your suggesting. Your near your car for seconds walking to it or away from it when you would want to activate the sensor. you do realize the perimeter key is good for maybe 3-4 feet at best to unlock the doors with touch. My point is, it can be retrofit pretty easily.

Edited by Edgieguy
  • Like 1

I'll have to go to my dealership, and check out a Escape with this option. I might be wrong, but I don't think leaves would activate the hatch opening, or a neighbors cat. My neighbors cat see's me, and runs like hell, so I think the possibility of being near the car with perimiter keys on you, and a cat going underneath are pretty slim. I don't think Ford would do something without doing a lot of research on possibilities of the hatch opening.