USB drive and MP3's

I have a collection of mp3 recordings on my computer. I transfer these to a usb drive when I have a long trip in my ’12 EDGE. Sometimes I break up a long radio show into as many as thirty 10 minute tracks.

My problem is, I can’t seem to get these mp3 tracks to play in a certain sequence.

I have tried creating playlists – both pls and m3u – but that does not seem to work.

I have tried using Windows properties to change the track numbers sequentially but that does not seem to work.

I have tried using Windows Media Player and WinAmp to create playlists but that did not seem to work.

My latest attempt is to manually change each title by entering A through Z in front of the id3 title tag. This is very tedious.

My question is for anyone else who uses a usb drive for music playback in their EDGE. What solution works for you?

Problem solved, I think. I read the info at the link provided by Kirby. It indicated that Sync was able to read pls. m3u. or wpl. I used a free program called Playlist Creator. I set up the songs in my order and saved a seperate m3u playlist in each folder on my USB drive. (pls did not seem to work and using Windows Media Player was way too complicated)

When I opened the USB control panel in my EDGE, I browsed "MUSIC" There was an additional menu that listed "Playlists"

I clicked that and located the m3u playlists I had saved. I chose the playlist I wanted and the music played in exactly my chosen order. I am once again thankful for this forum.