New Member from the New Jersey Shore

Ironpeddler

Hey folks...my name is Gary and we live in Toms River, NJ. I just picked up a 2008 Edge SEL AWD as all of our cars were destroyed in the floods from Sandy, we live 1/2 block from the Barnegat Bay across from the barrier island of Seaside Heights. So far my son and I really like the looks of the car and it's feel, it's black on black leather and Nav. I'm one to mildly tune my cars to run & look good which is what lead me here, to learn from the brothers & sisters who alreay own them.

Just downloaded the update for SYNC via thumb drive and I'm already shopping for wheels. Trying to figure out if the 2011 factory 22" wheels will fit the 2008....initial results point to no. I'm now going to dive into the Forum and read away!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome aboard the forum, and the best with your Edge. Black on black sounds awesome, you'll have to post some pics. Sorry about your losses from Sandy, she was a real bitch of a storm. I'm up in Union county (Garwood), and a lot of tree's down and electricity losses around here, but that was about it. Hope your house is okay.

Joe

Thanks guys. Yeah Sandy was not nice to those of us near the water, that's for sure.

I read on here about the 2011 'Sport' wheels not fitting the 2008 model year...which stinks because that's exactly what I want, chrome wheels with a black insert. The aftermarket wheels I've seen so far can't compare to the OEM version in my head! Go figure!

Before I get to the wheels, I'm now deciding about the Winter mats and the rear tray....OEM vs. Weathertech. Decisions, decisions... :hysterical2:

Welcome aboard the forum, and the best with your Edge. Black on black sounds awesome, you'll have to post some pics. Sorry about your losses from Sandy, she was a real bitch of a storm. I'm up in Union county (Garwood), and a lot of tree's down and electricity losses around here, but that was about it. Hope your house is okay.

Joe

2008Edge.jpg