I've researched which HID kit to purchase for my 2012 Edge Sport AWD, and I am still uncertain which is the best option. The DDM kit is certainly cheaper, but I have to think the retro-solution kit somehow merits the additional cost. I'm sure there are others too that may need to be in the consideration set.

Can you please recommend which kit to purchase and the specs (55W v 35W, 500K, 9600)? I would appreciate a link to the kit online as well, as I am concerned that I will order the wrong kit. :)

Thanks for making my first post a great one!

Best,

Mitch

2012 Edge Sport AWD

Tuxedo Black

You will certainly find a number of users very happy with the DDM kit (I'll label it as "good enough") for an HID kit (I've used DDM for years).

I had trouble with the 9006 DDM 55W kit with my edge (some others users did as well, but the issue was mainly surrounding the wire harness for the 55W, 35W users have reported back happy).

I am using the TRS Morimoto kit and have never had so much as a hiccup since installing it: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=242 and for more details here: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3182

I went with the 50W/5000K, 9006 Relay (not CANBUS) kit which has ZERO blue in it. Just a perfect (to my eyes) cool white color.

I've posted some ballast pics and additional information in an old post. I'll try and dig it up.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="PrinzII" data-cid="89317" data-time="1355710369"><p>

I am running a 35w 5000K kit I bought from a vendor on a Maxima forum I moderate. It's been pretty stable, even when I had the DRLs running. However, I am running Canbus ballasts.</p></blockquote>

Just for the OP's clarification... Prinzll is using a canbus version because he has OEM DRLs (if I remember correctly). The relay version is fine otherwise.

Unless I'm thinking of another poster with DRLs and I'm just blaming Prinzll :)

I am running a 35w 5000K kit I bought from a vendor on a Maxima forum I moderate. It's been pretty stable, even when I had the DRLs running. However, I am running Canbus ballasts.

No to hi-jack, but just in case the OP has DRL's for some reason:

Prinzll, i trust you to be the DRL expert from what I've been reading. I've pulled this from the TRS website regarding their canbus ballast

"Canbus....Great for many modern Euro applications (though not recommended for the 5Five system or vehicles with DRLs)"

I think on the retro-solutions site you can specifically order a "DRL Module". I have not seen this on DDM or TRS website. Prin, do you know if this is needed or can you just run a straight canbus and get same OEM functionality?

The 2012 we just did them on, we were able to retain all the drl and automatic headlight options with no headlight warnings, and without canbus ballasts or any of those other gizmos. Just used a relay harness with hyperactive digital starter circuits in the ballasts so they would flash correctly with lock/unlock function and all other fun stuff. Then took it to the dealer to see if anyone could tell anything aftermarket had been installed. The only thing they saw after close inspection was the underhood light we made for it.....ran all added wiring inside factory splitloom, and mounted ballasts into factory locations. It helps with these vehicles to add another charging wire between alt and battery directly. With engine warm, idle charge shows 14.11volts. When all lights and radio are kicked on, voltage never drops below 14.08volts.