Nexus 7 Tablet Over MyFord Touch screen

Hi people! I came across this video on youtube where the cameraman got a custom dash kit built with magnets to install his Google Nexus 7 tablet over his MyFord Touch screen. I like the idea and want to do something like that. yes I know it looks like a lot of distractions upfront depending on how you use it but then again what isn't distracting about MyFord Touch. Anyway what do you think? I'm sure its not limited to nexus 7 tablets.

Fast forward the video to 05:25 thats where the Ford pard start enjoy

They have a great idea which is very simple to recreate. I suppose in a lot of ways you can just link the bluetooth to your MFT and use the Nexus as a jukebox, a nav, and a tab if you have your phone creating a hotspot in the Edge. In NJ its actually illegal to have a video screen playing a video where the driver could see it. Some local kid got busted over and over on flip down visor video screens until he finally abandoned them. Id like to try making this holder over the summer personally.

I contacted this company and they want to charge $800 for the mount. Absolutely-freeking-crazy money if you ask me. So I am using some magnets behind the bezel of the dash, and magnets attached to a sacrificial case to have the same effect. I will post pics later.

I live in AZ BTW, and the company in the video is from California.

re the "video in view of the driver" Be sure you know the wording of the LAW. Here in Illinois its worded as a "television receiver" and my laptop is NOT a "television receiver" and yes I have tested those waters and I was right. I don't know if they're updated the law in the past 7 years or so. But like many other laws .. if it not a hot plate item, it often lags severely behind technology.

and Edge 535 - if you youtube search that shop and that device, watch each time he makes one. Its not that hard and is mostly labor in sanding and filling and sanding and filling and some technique, that comes with practice.

• 2 years later...