2012 Edge Limited HELP!! LOOK!!!

nlkuhle

I just bought a 2012 limited. 3.5L V6... I noticed under the hood there is a wire coming from a part behind the power steering reservoir, attached to the firewall, which appears to be a ground wire, and it's not grounded to anything. I was going to just ground it to the nearest source, but I noticed that this wire is the only thing coming out of the part, whatever it is. The part number is PBT-GF30, I believe, but I cannot figure out what part it is. There are two more numbers on it, 244761191 and EP2QA. I don't know what this part does, since the car runs fine... But I want to ground this wire to wherever it should go anyway. Can someone take a look under the hood of their edge and see what this is grounded to? Any photos will really help. I will add some photos shortly.

well, you made me go out an look on my 2013. Where you are standing when you took your pictures, look straight down and you will see the engine mount which is a silver color. Look towards the engine and you will see a black bracket. To the right and just up a little from that black bracket is a stud sticking out with a nut on it. My wire is attached to that stud with that nut. If your wire is off, I bet the nut may not be there anymore.

Ā 

The stud is towards the front of the car looking to the right of the black bracket when standing on the passenger side by the anti-freeze bottle.

Ā 

I don't have any idea what that component does, but I would connect it up as soon as possible.

Edited by ls973800

No, that is not the stud that is used on my 2013. If you look at your picture after expanding it to full size on these boards, go to the right from where your finger is towards the front of the car about an inch or two in front of the black bracket. Go straight up to the top of the picture above the black wire cable. You can see a blurry stud in your picture, this is the one my is attached to.

Ā 

In your picture you can also see part of the head of a bolt that looks like it is about half covered by the black cable to the right of the stud I am talking about. So find that bolt head, go up to the top of the picture, and then go left a little and you will see the blurry stud.

Ā 

Sorry, can't take a picture at this time.

Nlk: on my wifes 2012. in your pic there is a flat black ground wire in your post #4 first pic. follow that flat black ground wire down to the top of the head closest to the fire wall. it should be attached to a screw there for ground. Ok your other ground wire should be attactched to the top of the other head--Just below valve cover. directly across from the other.

IMG00034

Edited by SyN