New Edge Owner in Texas

Sparkles

Welcome Sparkles. The lack of HIDs baffles me about as much as why Ford didn't make the front bumper vertical lights more powerful so they could be seen in the daytime.

You mentioned possibly doing some Led upgrades. Let Me know if any of my LED products, unique to the Ford Edge, interest you.

I got Tuxedo Black, love how it glitters in the sun. kc300c, I am very interested in your products. I like the Verticle LED with visible side bar, but then I saw you are working on one with a turn indicator so I like that one as well. Let me know when your new product is avalible. I want to get HID for the headlights, but I also like the look of Halos as well. I saw you had mentioned working on something like that in the future. I would totally be on board for that. I also love your LED puddle lights and will probably get some of those as well. I know for now HIDs are the cheaper way to go. Can ya'll suggest any? I don't like the blue or any color thats going to cause the wrong attention. I like the brite white look. Iv seem people mention TRS Morimoto on here. Is that a good brand? Does changing the lights void the warranty?

Thanks

Welcome Sparkles! I love the Tuxedo Black choice you made. I often get the "Why did you buy black? It's so hard to keep clean.", when people see my Edge. I always explain to them how great it looks when it's clean, and how it still looks better then their vehicle even when it's dirty lol. Would you mind posting the level of complication on the light install if/when you do it? Working with electrical parts always creates anxiety for me, but I would really like the HID lights. Thanks and enjoy the plethora of information in this forum, I know I have!

Hey guys, you really don't need to be concerned about installing the HIDs. They are about the easiest accessory to install on a car. They are strictly a plug and play system with no wire cutting of any kind. Here is a video I made of my install that should put your minds at ease. I used a DDM Tuning kit, that works fine for me, especially at a price of $35.00 for the whole kit. I also bought the wire harness / relay to keep the HIDs from developing any flickering. The only issue I have with them is that I cannot use my auto-on headlight feature because when I start the car in this mode, my right headlight does not come on. Still scratching my head about that. These lower cost kits can sometimes do that on the Edge. Must be something in the Edge circuitry that throws the HID ballast off.