Alteration of Ford Logo

Hi Everyone!

My first post here, but I've had my Edge for several days and LOVE IT!! We are planning some modifications that are in the works including the Kenwood DNX7100 Nav, Bluetooth, Sirius, bug guard, etc.

My finance has a 2000 Ford F-150 and has been able to acetone some of the color logos. They look awesome and instead of being multi-colored, they are now just silver in color. You can still discern what the logo says because the lettering is raised. I was just wondering if anyone has been successful at altering the Ford logos. I don't mind the one on the back, but the one on the front is so HUGE. I would love it if it had the appearance of just chrome in the front, especially with the chrome grill. We've taken a look at the logos, but we think that they have to be totally removed and replaced because they are different from the F-150 logos. Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

My first post here, but I've had my Edge for several days and LOVE IT!! We are planning some modifications that are in the works including the Kenwood DNX7100 Nav, Bluetooth, Sirius, bug guard, etc.

My finance has a 2000 Ford F-150 and has been able to acetone some of the color logos. They look awesome and instead of being multi-colored, they are now just silver in color. You can still discern what the logo says because the lettering is raised. I was just wondering if anyone has been successful at altering the Ford logos. I don't mind the one on the back, but the one on the front is so HUGE. I would love it if it had the appearance of just chrome in the front, especially with the chrome grill. We've taken a look at the logos, but we think that they have to be totally removed and replaced because they are different from the F-150 logos. Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

No one here has said they have done this. I would love to see a pic of your squeeze's badge.

Umm...I mean the Ford logo on the truck.

This is a good representation of what I would like it to look like.

Another good option would be to paint the "blue" on the badge to match the color of the vehicle. So in other words, anything blue on the badge would be the carbon gray on my Edge (or coppoer or creme brulee, etc, etc.). I think that would look nice also.

post-1578-1189971212_thumb.jpg

Edited by jennypenny12

This is a good representation of what I would like it to look like.

Another good option would be to paint the "blue" on the badge to match the color of the vehicle. So in other words, anything blue on the badge would be the carbon gray on my Edge (or coppoer or creme brulee, etc, etc.). I think that would look nice also.

I'm kinda liking that. Wonder if you could get a chrome emblem....

Cooool!

I love the Superman logo in black & white!

With a life long nickname of Scooper, and shortened often to Scoop, my gamertag for PC gaming has been Scooperman for years.

I have avatars and sigs with the big S in flames as well as all sorts of other custom variations.

That would be sweet on my black Edge!

Thanks for the link :D

• 1 month later...
i am starting to see more edge's in my neighborhood and decided to change the color of the ford logo to add that extra bit of personalization.

post-1115-1193344352_thumb.jpg

Would you mind sharing how you changed the color of the logo?

Did you install a sticker?, hand paint it?, replace the entire thing?

Thanks.

i ordered it from this website http://www.fordemblems.com/customfordemblems.html

you can check out the different colors and sizes and costs there. it does cost a pretty penny, i can say that, and takes 2-3 weeks. i didnt do the front logo because i have a billet grille, and im not sure the website makes them that large.

good luck!

i ordered it from this website http://www.fordemblems.com/customfordemblems.html

you can check out the different colors and sizes and costs there. it does cost a pretty penny, i can say that, and takes 2-3 weeks. i didnt do the front logo because i have a billet grille, and im not sure the website makes them that large.

good luck!

Nice.

I've emailed them and sent links for OEM replacement emblems for both the front and rear (that front one is friggin 10" wide O_O) for the Edge.

I've asked for pricing, availability, wait time, etc.

I of course have asked for black.

I will post again after I receive a reply.

Scott from fordemblems.com replied and said he can't mod the front Edge emblem as it is the wrong type :(

Oh well...

I asked for a quote on a black one for the back, adding that a member here had one in red that looks great.

So you are saying we can't change or chrome out the front emblem?

So you are saying we can't change or chrome out the front emblem?

At least not from Scott at fordemblems.com

He said he can do the back one, as we see he's already done, however I now see the following message on his site:

I will no longer be taking orders for Custom Ford Emblems until further notice. I am attempting to find out if anything I do here violates the rights of Ford Motor Company!

Edited by scoopo

No, I haven't.

There's info on line on how to mod one yourself but I don't know if it applies to the large one on the front of the Edge.

I don't know what's different about that one. It doesn't look different to me, just larger.

There's a site, www.webxtremes.com, which deals in decals.

They have some cool stuff but they are decal overlays and not actual custom badges/emblems.

The site says they'll even do a custom design but you'd have to pay for their time quoted at $65 per hour billed in 15 minute increments.

I'll keep looking :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am new here and this is my first post, but thought I would add to this post. My girlfriend and I just got a 2007 Edge and I have a few mods in mind for it. When we get it fixed up a little I am going to call Steve over at billetbadges.com and have him make me something custom like he did for my F-150:

4162-6873-204815.jpg

4162-6873-204816.jpg

He can do any design, size, color and can match any OEM style if you want.