ambient lighting problem after sync update

My car is currently at the dealer for the 5th time for a myriad of MFT issues. APIM replaced....re orogrammed 4 times. They called out the special technician who "fixed" it. Then the ambient lighti g issues and all kinds of funky stuff started up again. They called today and swear that the cause of the ambient lighting issue is the heating/ac control module. Have they checked that in yours? It

S a long shot but at this point might be worth a check

SO what happened? DId they fix it? What hey do?

Ā 

drpepper,

Ā 

To ensure proper performance, the MyFord/MyLincoln Touch may occasionally reset itself. When this happens, you will see PERFORMING SCHEDULED SYSTEM MAINTENANCE on the display. This does not occur at a regular interval of usage. You should not lose any saved settings when it occurs; however, settings will reset if a master reset is performed.

Ā 

Your CSM (Customer Service Manager) is my highest point of contact. I suggest continuing to work with her to get this taken care of. She is in the best position to assist. Send a PM if you would like me to update your case notes with any new information.

Ā 

Ā 

Shaay

SO- My settings are lost- contrary to your statement. I am approaching that 5 year mark of out of warranty. The Dealer who brought out a FSE- disagrees with your statement & has not returned. The CSM has to work with dealer & the FSE so they are not further assisting.

SO AGAIN- I ask- what is my next step?

How do we escalate & resolve?

DrPepper, received calls from the service dept Fri and Monday letting me know they were working on it, call on Monday was more bad news. They have been on the phone with Ford Engineers Friday and Monday because the new heating/ac module they put in wont allow a program update. It is now Weds night, and I have not heard a peep from the dealer. I did call on Tuesday and spoke with my salesman since he is the only one that calls me back. The words potential buy back were mentioned. My Ford customer service rep called to let me know that the dealer doesn't return her calls or emails either. So I'm assuming at the end of the day, that heating/ac module wasn't the solution. I think my car just has gremlins. I am going to call again tomorrow, and keep calling till someone picks up the phone. Also, approaching 20 total days in the last month they have had my car. It's just super frustrating. I am pretty sure this is the last Ford product I ever buy. Quite possibly the worst customer service I've encountered.

**Update** Dealer finally called me this morning. After working with Ford engineers for a week, they were told by the engineers that the CM must be faulty and to order a new one. This whole process has been a total joke. I will keep you updated, because on the phone this morning they once again promised that the lighting issues are being caused by the heating/ac CM.

**Update** Dealer finally called me this morning. After working with Ford engineers for a week, they were told by the engineers that the CM must be faulty and to order a new one. This whole process has been a total joke. I will keep you updated, because on the phone this morning they once again promised that the lighting issues are being caused by the heating/ac CM.

When you say CM meaning control module? Meaning the APIM ( accessory protocol interface module?)

My APIM was replaced & reprogrammed but did no good. OH wait post 73 you say that already happened for you...

Edited by drpepper

Yes, the heating/ac control module. How that one controls the ambient lighting I will never know. At this point I'm thinking about buying a lottery ticket because what are the odds I get the car with the bad APIM, then when they try to replace another module the one they order is defective....In the meantime I have contacted the Better Business Bureau Auto Line and am starting the complaint process. The regional customer service rep told me my issue doesn't fit the criteria for a buyback to which I responded "How does it not when its been to the dealer 5 times for the same issue, and they have had it for over 20 total days in the past month and a half?"

WOW- well I am still waiting for a recommended course of action. Seems the call for help here of Ford proved not useful. The dealer -wanted to helpful but had no answers and has to get marching orders from Ford ( who is not providing) . The FSE called out- no answers & left. The CSM just says if dealer not helpful - they can intervene but since dealer is willing - nothing the CSM can do.. But issues still remains. If the system reboots- the setting are lost and it used to not be that way.

Edited by drpepper

OK This morning there were tell tale signs my Lincoln touch rebooted in background.

Ā 

1.) the Ambient light changed from my blue setting yesterday to white

2.) the cog wheel icon in settings when you press it- it went to clock screen not my previous used screen

3.)when I navigated to the ambient light setting in menu- it spun in front of me from the previously set blue to white ( to catch up with what happened from reboot loosing the setting)

4.) Phone ringer & text message ringers- I CAN NOT VERIFY since my PHONE was not been connect to MLT for almost past month per the FSE ( Fiield service engineer) that was called out to dealer by my service manager in conjunction with the intervention of the CSM.

5.) My trip odometer showed the 20 hours of use

Ā 

CONCLUSION- Ford will say anything when they do not know the real answer or are told not to say it

Ā 

1.) (Must be your phone not our system)

2.) ( no, system is not designed to reboot in background after ~20 hours of use)

3.) (after a battery disconnect reboot- yes you will loose settings but not after the reboot app or if system has fault with your phone)

4.) ( no, the settings are not to be lost they should be retained after a reboot)

5.) ( We have escalated to the highest level we can go- the CSM - a guest service rep)

Ā 

Ā 

... Ford just wants you to go away and deny the real life experience of a 5 year owner and many others here that have posted similar experence.

Ā 

Well- I tested the ridiculous theory that has been used over the past 5 years of MFT/MLT release- it is not our system it must be you.---

I played by their rules & fully disconnect my phone from car & the sync reference from my phone- drove for almost a month un-plugged -no car charging, audio streaming no BT phone calls, no updated operating systems on phones, no remote starting, must be COLD- no, must be raining- NO, no apps running or in bbackground or anything that could be blamed for-nothing

Ā 

MLT v 3.6 still has the error!!!!!

Edited by drpepper

I posted here 1st thing yesterday, called & left VM with service manager at my dealer, & called the CSM. Emailed both of them the video showing the issue.

Ā 

NONE replied.

Ā 

In addition to above:

Last week I called 800 number of ford sync- explained the whole ordeal & he looked up my vin & saw the history.

Gentleman sounded all professional asked for 2-3 days to look into. Stated he would be off Frid so if I did not here back from him on Thurs that he would call me Sat. since he worked sat. I never heard from him Thurs, Sat, Monday, or Tues.

SO much for a case # and "sounding" like you would help but NOT DELIVER!

Ā 

Update: 11AM The CSM replied- Dealer will reach out again to FSE & await their response on next step.

Edited by drpepper

Dealer just called, after replacing the module 2 times, and having the engineer come to the dealership and being unsuccessful to reprogram....they are going to now replace ANOTHER module because that IS the problem. They have had my car for 3 weeks at this point .The Ford customer service rep is useless, doesn't respond to voicemails or emails. We have reached 5 times for the same issue, and they have had it for a month total......what a joke. Where is the Ford rep on here when you need them?????

I posted here 1st thing yesterday, called & left VM with service manager at my dealer, & called the CSM. Emailed both of them the video showing the issue.

Ā 

NONE replied...

Ā 

Dealer just called, after replacing the module 2 times, and having the engineer come to the dealership and being unsuccessful to reprogram....they are going to now replace ANOTHER module because that IS the problem...

Ā 

Hello Ford Fam,

Ā 

Let me lend a hand. Please PM your current mileage, VIN, and case numbers. Iā€™ll take a look!

Ā 

Tricia

Edited by FordService

Ā 

Ā 

Hello Ford Fam,

Ā 

Let me lend a hand. Please PM your current mileage, VIN, and case numbers. Iā€™ll take a look!

Ā 

Tricia

OK I PM as requested. I waited hoping I would have heard back from dealer and the FSE.. but after posting on 9/22 I waited till today 9/28 with out hearing back from the FSE. Almost a full week... That is not a good response time.

Edited by drpepper

Really? The PM I just received?

Ā 

"Hello drpepper,

Ā 

Your CSM sent you an email in regards to your case today 9/28/15. If you have any other questions, dont hesitate to contact your CSM or the Lincoln Customer Relationship Center. You can contact the Lincoln CRC at 1-800-521-4140. This info was added to your file as well

Tricia"

Yes CSM Emailed me. AFTER I emailed her to get the case number for you. Rrrrr

Ā 

I have no resolution on my case

- I would appreciate a resolution.

What the csm emailed me said the field service engineer still hadn't done anything after week of reaching out .

And previous interaction provided bad advice

Ā 

Ā 

I wish if a Ford person would comment on this forum they would not just pass the buck and point the finger I'm looking for some real solutions to the problem so was the other poster

Thank you

I have given up trying to get a response from Ford. I was told I would receive a call last Monday from my customer service rep, which never happened. I left voicemails with no reply. I got so fed up I called the main number and was told my case was being escalated to their manager and I would get a call by end of business last Friday....that never happened either. I send emails, no reply, leave voicemails no response. Going on 4 weeks my car has been at the dealer which is ridiculous. The engineer is supposedly going to the dealership today to "fix" the problem. This whole process has been a joke. DrPepper, hopefully you get some sort of resolution with your issue. You seem to have the same problems I do, the fact that Ford has quite possibly the worst customer service.

I too have suffered multiple trips to the dealer for APIM replacement, reprogramming, etc. One time the NAV was not downloaded even though the dealer said Ford downloads the updates based on VIN. Now, after being re-installed during another visit it's not calibrated correctly and ambient lighting still comes on!

Ā 

The only way to fix the ambient lighting (and all other SYNC issues) is don't buy a Ford. Just bought our youngest daughter her first car - 2015 Toyota Camry.

So after 6 trips I assumed the miserty that is owning this car would be over..well, this 2013 edge is the gift that just keeps on giving. My car is having more issues and is heading back to Ford for the 7th time. The latest is that when the car is in park and you open the driver door the headlight indicator turns on in the dash, when you look at the headlights they are not on. When the driver door is closed the indicator turns off. Totally unbelievable.

So after 6 trips I assumed the miserty that is owning this car would be over..well, this 2013 edge is the gift that just keeps on giving. My car is having more issues and is heading back to Ford for the 7th time. The latest is that when the car is in park and you open the driver door the headlight indicator turns on in the dash, when you look at the headlights they are not on. When the driver door is closed the indicator turns off. Totally unbelievable.

If you mean by headlight indicator the green light with to opposite facing headlights, then that also turns on with the parking lights. When you open a door, the parking lights also turn on, I'd guess that this is normal. I can't confirm it because 2011 models do not have that indicator.

If you mean by headlight indicator the green light with to opposite facing headlights, then that also turns on with the parking lights. When you open a door, the parking lights also turn on, I'd guess that this is normal. I can't confirm it because 2011 models do not have that indicator.

Ā 

I had never really noticed it before, when I called the dealer they said that it is not normal for that to happen. The parking lights also didn't go on when the door was open. But at this point anything is possible.