New Order

oskar27

Finally I placed my order today: 2013 Edge Ltd, Kodiak Brown / Medium Light Stone Leather, 2.0L EcoBoost, 301A Package, Chrome Roof Rails, Navigation and as a surprise to me I also get an ESPION theft prevention / fast recovery system free for 7 years (apparently this is from Ford and not my dealer)

Delivery approx. end of February / early March. I should get the VIN number soon and then I will be able to see more about the delivery

Congratulations on submitting your order!

I'd like a pair of those chrome roof rails for my MKX.

Epsion features are intriguing and are offered in US under the LoJack brand name.

I'm not finding any direct Ford Motor Company - LoJack affiliation, though LoJack lists numerous independent Ford dealerships in LoJack's website search engine for where-to-buy their products.

Good luck!

Regarding the "free alarm system" I don’t think I paid for it because the system was given to my by the finance guy after the Edge deal was agreed with the salesman. I mean after I agreed with the salesman the plus & minus on the deal and he went to the manager to get the approval then the salesman said now we will go to see the finance manager and it was this guy who told me about the LoJack. To me the salesman did not even know about the LoJack because he never mentioned it during the negotiations.

Regarding the VIN number, I noticed somewhere in this forum someone mention it and I asked the salesman about it and he told me when he will give me the VIN number he will also tell me where I can go and see the status of the order. So when I get this info, I will post it here

Regarding the "free alarm system" I don’t think I paid for it because the system was given to my by the finance guy after the Edge deal was agreed with the salesman. I mean after I agreed with the salesman the plus & minus on the deal and he went to the manager to get the approval then the salesman said now we will go to see the finance manager and it was this guy who told me about the LoJack.

It is the finance person's job to do "up-selling" for the dealership. The salesman does his job by getting you to commit to a price for the vehicle you want. Some dealers already have an extra charge added to the "invoice" for dealer installed options such as window tint, wheel locks, nitrogen in tires, alarm systems, etc. Once you get into the finance office, the only job the finance guy has to do is sell you more items. It is in this office that the dealership really makes their profit!

These usually include extended warranties, paint sealant, fabric protection, life insurance to cover the loan, a higher interest rate for the loan through the dealership, alarm systems, and a multitude of other add ons.

I would love to believe that you actually got this alarm system for free, but the LoJack system is just one item which is popular with many dealerships as an extra profit item. It could be added to the "invoice" or to the monthly payment amount. It is not a system given away for free.

Regardless, you have purchased a great vehicle and I hope you enjoy it very much. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it when it arrives. I could not find that color when I was looking in July for my Edge on any of the dealership lots I went to.