New owner as of yesterday

jwack

Just picked up a 2013 Edge SEL AWD. I have owned nothing but Fords the past 30 years and they really ruined the Escape with new design. I have always wanted to step up to the Edge, but didn't want to shell out the cash so I went back to leasing. I usually get a new vehicle every 2 years so I will always have a car payment. The hardest part was finding the combination that I wanted. I went with Ginger Ale with the 205A package, trailer tow and the18" chrome wheels. I wanted black interior, but the only vehicle they could even find that was close was in CT. So I got the light stone and it's not too bad. There's always a few little things that aggravate me when I get a new vehicle and wish that the design team would contact me one time to give them my input. Just things like storage and placement of features are not quite where they should be, but I realize they have to fit a varied number of sizes of people. Things will be getting cold here in the next few days so the heater will get a workout. Looking forward to the next 2 years and then maybe another Edge. I'm sure I will enjoy reading posts from all of you as I have on previous owner sites with other vehicles I have had and look forward to sharing some of my experiences/questions with you as well.