Issues Before Purchasing Edge

oskar27

I plan to buy the 2013 Edge Limited with the EcoBoost but I hesitate for these reasons:

I find it strange and problematic to have the two windshield washer on top of the hood because in the winter when ice build up on the hood you will have a hard time to remove the ice and perhaps you can damage the hood

The antenna on top of the windshield looks very ugly especially if I get the white color.

The gas fill up door is not lockable and the gizmo they have to fill up with gas may freeze in the winter

I'm also concerned with rust problems

Do you have similar issues / problems with your Edge?

Just about every car I have owned, has had the washer "squirters" on the hood, never a problem, and the antenna is what it is. The gas door is nnot lockable, but you can get a locking gas cap form it, if that's a concern with you. The plastic tube they have to fill it by a gas can should be no problem, especially if you don't run out of gas. With the new design on the gas tube, you cannot siphon gas out of these new cars, or dump shit into them.

Thanks, I can live with the above

Looking on the 2013 Limited, Package Options, there is one called "Driver Entry Package" $1,000 which includes among others the "Perimeter Alarm" and "Inteligent Access with push button start"

What is / included in the Perimeter Alarm?

And what is / included in the Inteligent Access besides the push button start?

IA is the key fob they provide you with. When you walk up to the perimeter of the vehicle, it senses the key fob and when you touch the door handle or trunk release it opens the door. Locking can also be accomplished with just a touch of the outside of the door handle. Once inside the car you simply press the brake while pushing the start button and the Edge springs to life. Dont want to risk losing your IA Key fob while (Insert favorite hobby here) then all you have to do is leave it behind inside the car and lock the door using the keypad. Even if someone breaks a window to get in, the vehicle wont start with the IA key because your entry code was never entered to unlock the door, thats your perimeter alarm. Hope that helps.

Never had a problem with the washer nozzles and I live in Alberta (Pretty cold climate). As another mentioned, make sure you get the driver entry package. Money well spent.

Live with the Antenna.. Really?

Worried about rust? Keep your car clean.

The new gas filler design won't freeze on you.

Edited by iqoair

• 2 weeks later...