New Edge Sport Owner

dummptyhummpty

I used this forum to research my purchase of an Edge Sport and thought I'd introduce myself.

I took delivery of an Edge Sport yesterday and I'm very happy with it. I purchased it from Mossy Ford in San Diego. My salesperson, Steven Tamplin, was nice enough to offer to drive it to my house in northern LA! I was able to take advantage of X-plan, $3000 in incentives and $750 in Ford Private Cash which came out to what I'd consider a great deal. I do plan to refinance elsewhere for a better interest rate.

I've been driving an '03 BMW M3 for the past four years and I don't think I'll have much trouble getting used to the Edge as my primary vehicle. We took it out to dinner last night and it drives very nice. It was also nice to easily and comfortably fit four people.

My only complaint is the lack of integrated Pandora control. I thought I had read about this being included with MFT and it was also mentioned by a salesperson. Hopefully it is added soon with an update (doubtful).

I look forward to contributing to the forum.

post-25469-0-82407700-1358719821_thumb.jpg

Edited by dummptyhummpty

While its still new I recommend putting a clear bra on it... Congrats aswell!

Thanks! I've been debating that. My M had a lot of rock chips that you could easily see since it's black. I'm not sure how much they will show up on the white Edge. Any pictures of a clear bra on a white Edge?

Congratulations and welcome. You're gonna love your new ride. Great color choice as well.

Thanks! :-)

Congratulations on your purchase of the new Edge Sport!

Pandora explains use of their app with SYNC is here.

Ford explains Pandora here.

Other recently announced SYNC app links are described here.

Good luck!

Thank you! I checked those links and it's just what I've been seeing. Looks like we need AppLink for what I'm looking for.

Edited by dummptyhummpty

Call clear pro in murietta and mention Andrew the Marine with the black edge sport recommend them... they will take care of you.. If you have a 2 car garage they could even do it at your place if you wanted to pay i think 50$.. They can also do the black out of the chrome strip on the front end if you were interested in that. Just a wash is fine, they clay the area the film will be applied to before they put it on. If there was an area to add it to for the edge I did all around.. Ask for Kennedy

• 2 weeks later...
Call clear pro in murietta and mention Andrew the Marine with the black edge sport recommend them... they will take care of you.. If you have a 2 car garage they could even do it at your place if you wanted to pay i think 50$.. They can also do the black out of the chrome strip on the front end if you were interested in that. Just a wash is fine, they clay the area the film will be applied to before they put it on. If there was an area to add it to for the edge I did all around.. Ask for Kennedy

Thanks, I'll give them a call when I'm ready.

Congrats and Welcome to the forum. I love the sports edition cars which I could have gotten one and yes I think you have the best color as well.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Partial is more than enough for hood and fenders I drove from Chicago to Pendleton and did the blue painters tape trick for the drive. The only places I had bugs was obviously the front and was about 4 inches before the film ends. the way the front end is I think it's more than enough and I haven't seen any issues with mine needing more.