Weird vibration on turns??

When i make a slow, sharp turn, (example, turning at an intersection), if the turn is a sharp one, when the wheel is cut almost all the way, i feel vibrations,,,,,Is that the AWD? or just my tires. Ive had the car for 2 weeks, and prior cars (without AWD) never did this

Edited by nyrangers1022

Left turn by a chance? Even brand new, it sould be wheel alignment, could be a new tire. My Edge is great, but if I pull a sharp left with medium throttle it seems to vibrate a bit. Nothing alarming. Though I think it really only does it when the weather is wet.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had my vehicle dropped off from my dealer for the same issue. At slower speeds (like turning into a parking spot) you could feel a shudder thru the vehicle (like power steering was forcing OR like the AWD wasn't slipping)

They told me my power steering has a small leak & that's why its doing that.

Now they wanted a crack price of 1298$ to replace the rack (on my 2010 Edge with only 83,000kms or 50,000 miles??!?!?!) AHH NO! I'll take a look myself at the leak, the fluid level & condition. The last thing I can see doing is replacing the rack on this vehicle before 100,000 miles.

BTW I park in my garage & have never seen a oil spot in the floor...so I'm somewhat doubting the 'leak' they claim....but I will dig in more.

• 3 weeks later...

well...update to my vibration on slow speed turns. After checking my fluid (was still full) so the leak diagnosis was full of shit from the dealer.

I went as far as replacing all the fluid in the reservoir to ensure fluid wasn't the issue....still did it.

A few days later I decided to take my winter 18" wheels/tires off & put my summer 22" stock Sport wheels back on. Voila...vibration gone! So it was the slight abnormal tire wear on my front tires. Luckily I'll just rotate my tires in the fall when I reinstall them.

I complained to the dealer that I wanted my 63$ back for a bullsh*t diagnosis of leaking steering rack....they agreed. :) All is good now!