Price Check! 2013 SEL AWD

Hello everyone,

My wife and I have settled on our next vehicle.

2013 Edge SEL AWD with 204a pacakge.

Options are: heated Lether seats and a power lift gate.

So the intial price quote from the dealer was $32,200 with conventional financing or $33,700 with 0% through Ford Motor Credit.

We may have dealer put in 2 way Astro start system as well.

How does this price compare? I plan to haggle a bit but I don't know how much wiggle room there is.

Thanks!

post-26092-0-81085900-1365422936_thumb.jpgGo to build your ford edge site. Build your car.http://bp3.ford.com/2013-Ford-Edge#/ChooseYourPath/ That will give you the window sticker price less dealer cost and taxes. I paid $27,500.00 for our SEL out the door price. This included taxes,dealer cost $115.00 We got the 200A package, cloth seats. etc. We also got the Ruby Red. $395.00 extra.

Larry

Northern,In

Thanks 1edge, If I do the standard math with your invoice price I get 27,500. If I apply the same to my options I get the following.

The minimum to get leather seats requires the 204a package we also added a power lift gate. MSRP is 35,935 and Invoice is 33,451.

So "if" the dealer was $500 over invoice with 2500 in total rebates the price would be 33,951 -1000 -1500 = 31,451

If I go with X-paln pricing I get 33,451 - (0.4 * 33,451) + 275 -1000 - 1500 = 31,092 to do this I would have to spend $50 for a Mustang owners club membership.

I am a graduate student so I think I can qualify for another $500 rebate. No sure on that one.

Am I missing anything? Is there anything else negotiable on the price?

Shaman,

I'm not sure gives the best employee plan X or D You must be eligible for X only ?? According to Ford's rules, the dealer isn't allowed to haggle after using a employee plan. BUT !!! If you haggle hard enough the dealer will write you a check to make your cost lower but still show ford the numbers they need to see. My dealer wrote me a check for $845.00 After D plan ford rebates and $845. The car cost me $ 27,500.00 this price included sales tax, dealer cost. Final out of my pocket. $27,500.00 I didn't see the 204A package in the build your edge site, Found the north county link below might help with your dealings. Doesn't sound like you are getting too bad of a price. Claa around, if you haven't already. Any dealer has to tell you what the ford employee plan price is. I dealt with two dealers that tried playing THE game. You know what I mean.. I walked out. They called me, tried to make amends, just couldn't beat the price I paid. If you have the Vin # , Go to http://www.researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

http://www.north-county-ford.com/carresearch/VehicleQuickQuoteFormThin.html/year_2013/make_Ford/model_Edge/trim_SEL/id_24291/confid_northcountyford/section_Options/

Larry

Northern,In 7% sales tax here

I can't stand my local dealership, thier salesment have all been there 1 or 2 years and thier finace guy is not someone I trust to write up a note for car loan. I am going up north to a dealer in MN, and they are much nicer to work with. Plus I wold reather support them then a national chain like Lithia.

Anyways they found a vehicle in another dealership and gave me the VIN and x-paln pricing. There is a $1000 rebate and the $750 rebate form the brochure mailer. They had to get it, and install an autostart and I want all weather matts so I have a few details to haggle over at this point.

According to Edmounds.com for an Edge with the same options the National averge price is just under $32,000 after rebates. So its an "average deal" Which is fine if they want to be just an "average dealership"...

Yeah the lift gate option is $500, my wife is short and so it's probalby well worth it. The other 4K is leather interior, the passanger seat is a full power seat as well, heated seats, and rear view camera, all of which I could care less about. Wife has to have leather.... Well anyway comparables in the area are similar. This one does not have myford touch, as far as I am concerned thats a bonus.

The 32,000 is the "sale price" at 0% financing, nothing down, just take the keys and go. If I went with normal financing and 20% down for 48 months at the going interest rate it is the same cost after 4 years even with the extra $1500 rebate.

Also it hapens to be almost the exact same price as an Equinox AWD V6 with similar options I got quoted from the GM dealer (they don't negotiate pricing either).

Have you driven a edge very much?? Very firm ride. Handles good. Plenty of power. I'm averaging around 22-24 MPG. Do very little city driving. Most county roads and two lane highways with slowing, turning etc. We're planning on going to the Smoky Mountains this spring /summer fro there to Pensacola Florida. That should be a good MPG test. Leave northern Indiana, down through Cinncinnati Ohio, Gatlinburg Tennessee across to Cherokee North Carolina then over to Pensacola.

Why do you need AWD?? Snow?????

Well I was devorced once when I was younger and poor, I think "selling" the wife now might cost me dearly... (and really I traded up if you know what I mean)

As far as AWD I live in ND, and its very nice to have one vehicle with 4 wheel drive. I drive a mustang year round and I still get to work when visibility is zero, so you don't need it, but it is worth the cost in my opinion. It is a mix of snow and frezzing rain tonight turning to more snow tomorrow, gotta love spring in ND.

I really like the Edge for what it is, ride feels like my dad's new F-150. The cyclone V6 has been around in one form or another for ages (and for good reason) this may be the last year its available. She drives about 7K miles a year so gas costs are not really an issue. Compared to the Equinox I like the seats in the Ford better, and the driver's position is a bit higher which we both like. Niether of us liked the Escape or the CR-V that my mom drives.

• 1 month later...

Shaman....I actually purchased from that Lithia dealer in G. Forks. I rolled my frontier on I94 and was in need of a new vehicle....a little sooner than I wanted. Anyway I haggled and came to an agreement over the phone. Best I could do was get them to invoice price and then throw in a two way car starter. '13 AWD Silver Edge w Appearance pkg, Nav, MFT, leather....most of the good stuff. I would have been out the door for $35,500 but I let the finance guy suck me into the $1500 extended warranty. Stupid....I'm gonna go look and see what others are paying for this warranty.....I bet it can be had for under a grand.

Edit: Oh I just wanted to mention that when I got to the dealership my sales guy was this high energy, uppity guy that just turned me off right away. I bought this thing over the phone from the head sales manager and he handed the sale down the line. When I run in to these people all I can think of is..."this guy is full of shit and will say anything to complete the sale."

Edited by jsjs1

• 3 weeks later...