Hello fellow Edge owners!

Blacksm1th

Hey everyone, I am excited to join this forum and share our love for the Edge. In January I bought a 2013 Ford Edge Sport. I opted for the fwd version to save on gas, but other than that she's fully loaded. For me it's quite a change and an upgrade coming from a 2010 Mazda3 hatchback. I needed more room and overall more versatility. I'm always heading upstate camping, hiking, or just road tripping in the summer, and countless trips to the mountains to ski during winters. I'm sure you're wondering why it took 3 months to join the forum after purchasing my car...well I told myself I loved the Edge Sport as it was and didn't need to change anything about it. Then the mod bug hit me and I now have started doing my research for a few projects I have lined up. The Edge is rarely a modded car since the majority of owners are the typical soccer mom, or retired folk in Florida. I want to make my car unique, and it's even more difficult since very few companies make aftermarket parts. Well I'm now on a path of total customization; if it hasn't been done chances are that I will take a look into doing it. Well I'm here for the long run. Any comments concerns or ideas (within reason) are accepted. See you all around the forums!

-Anthony

• Like 1

Welcome to our stomping grounds! What color is your Edge, and do you have any pics?

Yeah, aside from engine/transmission mods (which would be one offs rather than plentiful), there are a lot of things people have done with body & electronics. Doesn't mean new ground can't be broken! At least one person on here has updated their 3.7L engine (throttle body/tune), and I know other platforms with the 2.0L EB engine have engine/transmission tunes being worked on.

Shes Ingot Silver. I am planning some one off headlights and taillights for now, and I will have some pictures to post by the end of this weekend. Its completely stock for now other than interior LED lights, led puddle lights and LED license plate lights. I have a laundry list of exterior mods for looks alone. I am interested in the engine mods, however the EDGE SPORT is quite a beast stock.

Yeah, with AWD, you have to drive as if you have a egg under your accelerator, push too hard, it will crack, and you'll get yuckers all over. Around town, I can manage 17, and that's about it. Highway driving, with cruise on, and l keep it around 64-65 mph, I can get 26 on it, but push it to 70+ mph, and mileage drops way down. Whats really wild, is that my wifes FWD MKX, gets top mileage at 80 mph, go figure ???

• Like 1

Welcome Blacksm1th. Many of us agree with you about the lack of aftermarket accessories for the Edge. Pretty much had to custom make something if you wanted it. I'm doing my part with my LED products and will have a couple more exciting lights coming out later this month (LED DRLs in April and LED taillights in June, fingers crossed).

• Like 2

The new LED taillights are really too far along to make any major changes. We are currently running components on the new tooling to see if we need to make any adjustments to the dies. Spoke to my manufacturer last night and he is working to get me a set to evaluate and test in a week or two.

The LED brake lights consist of two solid LED bands running parallel around the perimeter of light (top edge, outside edge and bottom edge). These LED bands are uniform and solid in color, so you won't see individual LED hot spots. Similar to the new BMW taillight. Once I certain of the final design, I will begin posting photos of it.

• Like 1

Where at in BK and LI?

I used to live in Brooklyn and now I live on Long Island. :D

I live in the Gravesend area in Brooklyn, and I work all the way out in Bohemia.

Where have you lived in Bk, and why the move out to the Island? I'm planning on moving out there within a few months. Any suggestions on areas that are good to live in?

Edited by Blacksm1th

I used to live in Williamsburg. I live in Garden City Long Island now.

Bohemia is a hell of a drive haha.

The Island is just easier man. I still go to BK a lot, but living here is easier. You don't have to worry about parking, the drive ways are easier, a lot cleaner, your caps don't go missing often haha. You'll enjoy it, it does take some getting used to though.