Price check on a '13 Limited?

I spec'ed out a '13 Limited 2.0 ecoboost FWD with 301A option pack on Ford's website. Its about $41k with options and destination charges. The incentives are 1750, putting the net price at $39k. I've seen other Limited 301A cars for sale in the $37k range and KBB says invoice is around $38k. I found one on a nearby dealer lot that pretty much meets these specs.

I can also apply X-plan. Wondering if I can get the dealer down to $37k and then apply X-plan. What do you think? I'm new at this. :)

Edited by Drive XR7

The dealers aren't supposed to do any dealing when someone uses a ford employee plan. I used the D plan for a '13 SEL. I haggled for about three days. Turns out the dealer cut me a check to make the deal we agreed to. Car Window sticker was $32,390.00 Drove the car off the lot for $27,500.00 This included sales tax and dealer charges. All said and done $ 4890.00 off sticker. I didn't price a limited but $10,000.00 for a few more options seems a little high.

Larry

Northern,In

post-26092-0-01625300-1366582433_thumb.jpg

X plan on your vehicle is ABOUT $39240. You will not be able to negotiate down to $37k and then apply X plan because your negotiated price is way better than the X plan price.

X plan is a set price which the dealer will not come of off. It is an OK price but not the best you can get. It is a quick and easy way to get a decent price without negotiating. I was going to use my X plan when I was shopping for a similar 2013 Limited last July. Sticker was $41530, invoice shows $39121.67

X plan price was $39240.18 as shown on a copy of the dealers invoice which he provided me with.

I was able to obtain the A/Z price from two separate dealers, which was $37564.67. I am not nor have ever been an employee of Ford which is what the A/Z plan price is for. I added a few additional item including front window tint, factory rubber all season floor mats front and rear, factory rear cargo cover, and factory wheel locks. The price I paid was $37718.00

I was able to get the A/Z plan just by negotiating with them, and one of them even had this price posted on their website. This price is what I paid BEFORE any factory incentives and special Ford financing. After the factory and finance rebate total of $2000.00 I ended up paying $35718.00 before taxes.

After joining this forum, I heard from another owner here in the Dallas area who also obtained the A/Z price with very little effort. X plan is set by Ford and the dealer has to follow the program rules in order to be reimbursed by Ford. There is room on any trade in, but not much more wiggle room when staying with the X plan.

I had started my search using the web and checking various Ford dealerships here in the Dallas area. I ran across some Auto Nation dealers who had their inventory and prices on line. I checked the prices and found some to be the A/Z plan price. I called and was told that was a price for everyone. I drove to the nearest one (50 miles each way) and found that was indeed the price, with no dealer add on items or additional fees or costs!

Since they were 50 miles away and I like to have my services done where I buy my cars, I checked a local Ford dealer and showed him the web site with the prices shown. He agreed to sell me the Edge Limited I found on his lot at the A/Z price matching what the other dealer was selling for. I was showed and received a copy of the invoice, and it was in fact the A/Z price. I paid that plus the additonal tint, factory rubber floor mats, rear cargo cover, and wheel locks that I had them add.

I would have purchased from the other dealer except for the long distance for service or warranty work. I don't know what area you live in or how many Ford dealers there are. If I only had one or two in this area and could save an additional $2000.00 or so by buying from a dealer further away, I would. Here is a link with the Auto Nation Ford dealers listed. Maybe you have one in your area, or can use them as a bargaining tool if their prices are lower than what your local dealers are offering.

As I mentioned, there was also one other owner here in the Dallas area who also posted that he got the A/Z plan price from a dealer with no gimmicks. I don't recall if he bought from one of the Auto Nation stores.

http://www.autonation.com/?action=contact&subaction=dealerlist&locatorsearchtype=make&make=Ford

Went to a dealership today and drove a '13 Limited w/ 2.0 FWD and 301A package. It was pretty much right on the money as far as invoice and sticker, but he wouldn't come down past the X-plan price point. I said I could get X-plan, but would go without it if we could work out something better. I told him I'd make a deal if he gave me $2k over what I thought my trade in was worth, and I have until Friday to decide.

Can dealers go below invoice? How can they do that? What can I say next time when they say they can't go below invoice? I'm new at this, as you can tell. My first new car. :)

I searched the nearby dealers and found some that also priced about $200-$400 over invoice for the same options. Nothing below invoice, though. What other negotiation tools are there? I intend to call all the other dealers and tell them I'm looking for a '13 Edge Limited w/ 2.0 and 301A Package, willing to pay $38k, and see what they say. X-plan was about $39k, just like you said.

Edited by Drive XR7

A dealer can do most anything he wants to to make a deal. That's if he wants to sell. As I posted earlier I used the D plan. The dealer cut me a check to come to the deal. The paperwork that ford saw didn't show thje real final deal.

Car window sticker was $32,390. , Dplan $29,649.= $2741. dicount than you add sales tax off the $29,649.= $2075. and dealer cost. =$115. =$2190. So now you add $29,649.+2075.+115.= $33,799. - $3500. rebate = $30,299. than dealer cut me a check and finigled the paper = $2799. My cost out the door of $27,500.

'13 SEL

Larry

Northern,In