New Edge Owner!

Jeff Myers

Welcome! I am farely new as well but depending on what your interests or motivations are there are quite a few things I have found already. First thing I did to sport was adding more bass. Besides that I have seen a huge list of light changes, check out daytime britelites they have quite a few awesome options. Again. Welcome

Congrats Jeff. I would recommend adding the ecoboost side skirts as they help balance out the truck (middle seems too high without them) then maybe black vinyl the chrome grille unless you like it as is? Stubby antenna is cool and rear bumper protector too Enjoy!

Welcome! I am farely new as well but depending on what your interests or motivations are there are quite a few things I have found already. First thing I did to sport was adding more bass. Besides that I have seen a huge list of light changes, check out daytime britelites they have quite a few awesome options. Again. Welcome

Welcome to life with the Edge, and be sure to share your experiences, thoughts, and questions! Not a whole lot of mods by way of engine/powertrain, but lots of options as mentioned above for pretty much everything else.

Wow! what a responsive forum! Thanks! For the Stubby antenna and bumper protector, where would you recommend i purchase these from. I've looked on amazon (i have a prime membership) and have seen a few option but would prefer the best quality over speed.

I am also considering a hood protector, rain guards, and better sunroof wind deflector. -- thoughts?

Things I plan on contributing: (My "new" edge has 2031 miles)

- Mileage for a typical Northern VA driver with AWD

- Weekly reports and gripes from a new owner.

- CarSeat tips (im going to be crying when i dent my new leather)

Thanks everyone!

-

Congrats Jeff. I would recommend adding the ecoboost side skirts as they help balance out the truck (middle seems too high without them) then maybe black vinyl the chrome grille unless you like it as is? Stubby antenna is cool and rear bumper protector too Enjoy!

Just noticed you where a jeep fan. I'm currently bleeding out my Jeep now for the edge. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rubicon-/171025569491?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_640wt_1165

Best vehicle ive ever owned. However, they don't hold car seats very well. :-P

For the Stubby antenna and bumper protector, where would you recommend i purchase these from.

-

eBay has 3" antennas from $10-40, you can get the official BMW Mini sport antenna or a cheaper one. The OEM bumper protector was found and purchased on eBay for $10 recently by a user on here, which is a bargain as it cost me $55 on kijiji or $88 from the dealer!

Thinking of the hood deflector myself, either OEM or AVS for a lower cost, and Weathertech or AVS in-channel vent shades/rain guards - CarID (amongst others) have these

If you want a rugged stubby antenna, a good choice would be http://www.cravenspeed.com/products/The-Stubby-Antenna.html

An alternative to the OEM bumper protector is the Scion bumper protector (discussed here) which happens to almost perfectly fit the Edge. Price does fluctuate on Amazon, occasionally you can grab it for around $55 + S/H. You can also get it here for about $57 shipped http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?Mdl_dtl=631&Part_cat=26&parts_id=3251

EGR USA, a sponsor of this forum does have a hood deflector/window visor product, you will have to read up on these yourself :) Weathertech visors seem to work well, as do Weathertech floor mats.

Congrats on the car and the kid! Weathertech's are a sure bet, stubby antenna, and maybe vinyl the chrome above your grille, but with those wheels I think it fits all right. Uprgading the sound was crucial for me, but I'm a college student. LOL I also only have the first gen, and my stock headlights sucked, so HIDs for me, and it seems like people here favor them for the 2nd gen, too. Enjoy the new ride! It's a beauty!