The Madre Needs a New Whip!

wannabang

My mom has had a '99 Honda Odyssey since new. It's racked up about 205k miles and she's assigned me the task of finding her a replacement since my brother has 2 years left of school and I'm out of the house. She's test driven a '10 Sport and the new Escape, but she doesn't like Ford's brake pedal. She always complains that it's not as responsive as she'd like it to be.

Here's her conditions:

-It can be no smaller than a CRV and no bigger than a minivan (no third row).

-She could care less about gas mileage, hates four cylinders, but appreciates the EcoBoost.

-Total budget is about $40k with a little wiggle room.

-Reliable

First, is there anything that use Edge owners can do to the new Edge's brakes to make them more responsive?

Second, what would you recommend?

Thanks for the help, y'all.

wannabang, take it from a person who's owned two Edge generations. The brakes between the two are different in terms of performance. However, if you REALLY want an upgrade, you would have to get Steeda's kit and that is over $3k. Dingo's suggestion is a LOT cheaper.

I may do the pads, lines, and fluid for mine, but I'm not sure my mom will want me to mod hers in anyway. I may convince her of tint and HIDs, but she'll definitely have Nav, back-up camera, HIDs, and an upgraded stereo from the factory. Unfortunately, she enjoys spending money for sub-par equipment rather than letting me work on it. She'll definitely be test driving the '13.