Upgrade to MFT?

After 9 weeks, im still waiting to receive my 2013 Edge SEL from the factory. I did not choose MFT when I placed the order cuz I wasn't really sure what it was, nor did the dealership explain anything. After looking around at different pics, I come to realize that my car will not have the larger touch screen, but rather a small screen with standard buttons. I was under the impression I was going to have the touch screen not putting together the touch screen and MFT. Would the dealership be able to swap out my setup for the MFT? Has anyone done this before?

Edited by ravishingrocket

If you contact your salesman, he can speak with the Sales Manager and see if the order is too far along in the process. I know there is a window of time were you can change some things but after a cutoff date, you won't be able to add/delete options. I did this a few times on my 13' Titanium Fusion, but I did it within the window of time. As for your radio.. If you don't like the screen and its too late.. You can always spent about a grand and get a really nice Pioneer or Kenwood 7" touchscreen system that would be just as good as MFT if not blow it out of the water. The reason why a lot of people don't go this route is becasue the MFT touchscreen is included in the payment of the car and it isn't additional monies out of their pocket and it's more practical/easy. Before touchscreens were standard in cars, the aftermarket route was the only way to go!

Most Pioneer and Kenwood systems have like 12 millions points of interest included into their navigation units and its no monthly charge.. They have bluetooth, interenet connectivity when in range to a wifi hotspot and will do loads more than MFT.. Back up cameras, etc. etc. etc.

• Like 1

If you contact your salesman, he can speak with the Sales Manager and see if the order is too far along in the process. I know there is a window of time were you can change some things but after a cutoff date, you won't be able to add/delete options. I did this a few times on my 13' Titanium Fusion, but I did it within the window of time. As for your radio.. If you don't like the screen and its too late.. You can always spent about a grand and get a really nice Pioneer or Kenwood 7" touchscreen system that would be just as good as MFT if not blow it out of the water. The reason why a lot of people don't go this route is becasue the MFT touchscreen is included in the payment of the car and it isn't additional monies out of their pocket and it's more practical/easy. Before touchscreens were standard in cars, the aftermarket route was the only way to go!

Most Pioneer and Kenwood systems have like 12 millions points of interest included into their navigation units and its no monthly charge.. They have bluetooth, interenet connectivity when in range to a wifi hotspot and will do loads more than MFT.. Back up cameras, etc. etc. etc.

Well, I had called my salesman only a few days after placing my order cuz I wanted to add some options, but I was told it was too late. I dont understand why it was too late cuz it took 6 weeks just to get a VIN. I was finally able to view my window sticker a few days ago and it has a date of 04/19/13. I didn't know I could swap out my factory screen/stereo for an aftermarker one. I have a 2013

Well, I had called my salesman only a few days after placing my order cuz I wanted to add some options, but I was told it was too late. I dont understand why it was too late cuz it took 6 weeks just to get a VIN. I was finally able to view my window sticker a few days ago and it has a date of 04/19/13. I didn't know I could swap out my factory screen/stereo for an aftermarker one. I have a 2013

I am not a 100% sure if you can swap it out, but I wouldn't see why not.. Give it some time for a bezel and aftermarket bracketry to be made and you should be able to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know where I could get the necessary wiring harness to upgrade to the MFT screen?

You're dreaming. It's way more than a wiring harness, it's a complicated multi-module system. Picking up all the parts you need will likely run you over $3000 and you will have to find someone knowledgeable enough to program and configure it all. Car electronics aren't just plug-and-play anymore. It's all a complicated network of messages and software than needs to have everything matched up exactly or really strange stuff won't work. You will be far better off trading in for a car that has what you want from the factory.