Galaxy S4/S5

Cellbine

• 2 months later...

hey guys I also have a Galaxy S4 and have been have been very hit or miss when hoping for MFT to read me my text messages when they come in. It works about 10% of the time and it will make an alert noise and show on the screen if I would like it to be read to me. The other 90% of the time it does not even recognize that there was a text received. Have you guys figured out how to work around that?

I deleted my galaxy from the Edge and re-paired it, but still no luck. I was so hopeful though because yesterday morning the Galaxy got a software update and the phone even asked me if Sync was allowed to have access to my messages...but no luck with text messages! Are there any special settings on the Galaxy that I need to be sure are taken care of?

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a follow up this...I have tried the whole gamut to this thing! I have paired and repaired, deleted, and even restored MFT back to factory settings in hopes of it working. I have tried various 3rd party programs from android but they never work more than the first time I try using them. I have come to the conclusion that MFT wants Bluetooth MAP profiling but my Galaxy S4 does not do it. I did read something saying that the next version of Android (4.4/Kit Kat) may have the MAP profile which would make it work. Until then I guess I will hope someone else has better luck than I and can share their success!

Did you have to install any special program to your galaxy?

I will try the delete and re-pair. Hopefully the delete process is pretty straight forward...

Thank you!

No, I did not. However, I am curious whether or not you have the latest version of Sync.

Edited by PrinzII

• When you said it did not work, could you tell me exactly what happened? What kind of flash drive did you use? How was it formatted?
  • To find the version you currently have on Syncmyride.com, you would log in and it will be shown by the vehicle information on the right hand side. For instance, mine will say 3.6 which is the latest version.

I have the S4 and Verizon. My phone used to be hit ot miss with the messaging then I get the android 4.3 update. The messaging then no longer worked at all untll i deleted the phone from MFT and deleted the pairing on the phone bluetooth setup page. Re-sync the phone to MFT and all worked fine since then. Also when I got the android 4.3 update and resynced it all I lost the music info on the MFT when using bluetooth it always said "unknown". One app I use (xiia live) had an option in the menu to enable AVRCP metadata and ever since enabling it I now have artist and song title on the MFT screen again.

I checked this past weeked that I do have the most update version of Sync-Bummer I had hoped I didn't! I do have Android 4.3 but hope that Kit Kat will solve the blue tooth issues.

Ā 

After updating my wife's S3 to 4.3, I had to re-pair it to the system. I did not have to do that with my S4 after it got updated. Very wierd.

• 1 month later...

Just got a new S4 this weekend but didn't have much time to do much with it. I did get it synced up with the Edge with no problem. I also made sure the messaging is turned on. Now whenever I start the car, the S4 gives a notification that Sync wants to access my contact list to allow messages. I always say yes.

Ā 

Is there anyway to keep it as allowing access without having to say yes every time I start the car?

Ā 

I also am using BT on the radio to access Pandora through my phone. The sound is very good, but the screen on the car only shows unknown artist and unknown title. The phone has the full information. Any way to get at least the artist and title to show on the car screen?

Ā 

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I just finished updating my Galaxy 4 on the AT&T network to the latest version. I will find out later today or tomorrow if I have any issues while in the car. From what I've read about the updates, there really isn't too much new. Wish they would have included being able to send the Pandora artist/song/album to the screen on the Edge when using BT.

Anyone having bluetooth issues since the update to 4.4? Mine randomly disconnects.

Hi Prinzll,

Ā 

After the update, did you delete your phone from SYNC and SYNC from your phone? Also, take a look at the tips located here:

Ā 

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/troubleshooting-sync-myford-touch

Ā 

Ā 

Another issue....My phone book is not downloading completely. I am on the most current version.

Do you have a Favorites list or Groups setup on your phone? If so, it may only be downloading those. If that's the case, you should be able to push the rest of your contacts via Bluetooth.

Ā 

Rebecca