What does the Edge use for DRL's? is it the headlights, running lights or LED light bars? The reason I ask is because I'm having some bad flickering when the DRL's are supposed to be on. The funny part is I'm running a relay kid and powering the HID's directly off the battery. The stock harness is just the switch source, there should be no reason for them to flicker even if the stock setup is reduced power headlight for DRL's.

Edited by JSR84

JSR84, assuming you're using aftermarket HID, the problem is in Canada, Ford Edge uses Low-beam (modified) for DRL. The low beams run at a lower alternating voltage, and will mess with your HID ballasts.

You need to take it to your dealer, ask them extremely nicely, and they'll plug in their special laptop computer to your car, the software verifies your VIN, and then in the "Exterior Lighting" menu, you'll see the first option is Daytime Running Enabled/Disabled. You do not want this, you want the SECOND option in the menu below Daytime Running Lights. This second option allows you to switch your DRL to your inner turn light markers (this is how the Edge comes from the factory if you have OEM HID lights).

I can confirm the above works. I just had it done today. It takes literally 3 minutes for them to do.

At first they refused saying it was illegal, until I insisted that it's completely safe and we're not turning DRL off, just switching them to the inner turn markers. You can even take them out to the lot, and find a new Edge with OEM HID, and show them how it uses the inner turn markers.

-Cody

• Like 1