Delayed Reboot Utility

I have a 2013 Edge SEL with MY TOUCH/NAV System. I needed to use the delayed reboot utility today but it took me about 4 times to get it to work sucessfully. I had had the engine running and then put the USB memory stick in one of the slots. As soon as it downloaded and said OK, I pressed OK, pulled the USB stick out, turned the engine off and then open and shut the door. The first 3 times the MFT never rebooted as the instructions said it would. The fourth time I did the same thing but left the key in the ingintion after the engine was off. Nothing happened after 3 or 4 minutes and decided to turn the engine on. When I turned the engine on this time, the scheduled maintenance screen came up and I knew then it had worked. My question is, does it make a difference if I leave the key in the ignition or not? Is it correct to assume that with the engine completely off the MFT should reboot without any power? I am not sure why the screen did not reboot with the scheduled maintenance screen, but did after I started the car after a few minutes. Any help or clarification would BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks,

Dean

Edited by badabinger

I have a 2013 Edge SEL with MY TOUCH/NAV System. I needed to use the delayed reboot utility today but it took me about 4 times to get it to work sucessfully. I had had the engine running and then put the USB memory stick in one of the slots. As soon as it downloaded and said OK, I pressed OK, pulled the USB stick out, turned the engine off and then open and shut the door. The first 3 times the MFT never rebooted as the instructions said it would. The fourth time I did the same thing but left the key in the ingintion after the engine was off. Nothing happened after 3 or 4 minutes and decided to turn the engine on. When I turned the engine on this time, the scheduled maintenance screen came up and I knew then it had worked. My question is, does it make a difference if I leave the key in the ignition or not? Is it correct to assume that with the engine completely off the MFT should reboot without any power? I am not sure why the screen did not reboot with the scheduled maintenance screen, but did after I started the car after a few minutes. Any help or clarification would BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks,

Dean

The reboot instructions:

--INSTALLING THE REBOOT SOFTWARE IN YOUR VEHICLE:

1. Start your vehicle and turn on the audio system.

2. Insert your flash drive (containing the patch) into your vehicle's USB port.

3. The installation process will begin automatically, and should take about 10 seconds to complete. A dialog box will let you know when the patch has been successfully installed. When the installation is complete, remove your flash drive from the USB port.

4. Turn off your vehicle's ignition for at least 30 seconds so that the system can reboot.

5. After at least 30 seconds have passed, start your vehicle again. Your vehicle's screen may be black for up to a minute. Then the "Performing scheduled system maintenance" screen will appear, and will last for a few minutes.

In my opinion, leaving the key in, as long as its off, doesn't matter (cant validate, I have the push button start)