2013 Edge Sport making CLUNKING noise

Sparkles

Bought my Edge brand new back in November, no problems for the first 6 months. For the past month I have noticed a clunking noise when I drive over a bump or a rough road. This usually happens when Im going under 20mph. When I drive on a level/smooth road or go at a fast speed you never hear it. It doesn't matter if the A/C is on or off, or if the gas tank is full or close to empty, it still makes the noise. It sounds like its coming from below the vehicle towards the back. Does not sound like its coming from the engine or front area of car. I took it to the dealership and they can't seem to figure out what it is. I even took the service rider at the dealership for a ride so he could hear the noise, even he didn't know what was causing it to make that sound. They kept it for a couple hours and determined it was something to do with a piece of plastic that helps with aerodynamics. They couldn't get it to make the noise after messing with it so assumed it was fixed. Well when I was driving it back to work it still made the noise.

So now next week Im taking it back again.

Has anyone had this problem with their Edge?? Or knows what it could be??

Thanks

Definitely check for loose components including brakes/struts/control arm/lug nuts etc. Could be something loose in the cargo bin as well. Then it's on to motor mounts and the infamous PTU (if you have AWD) after that. A search on the forum points mainly to motor mounts and PTUs. May be worthwhile asking about any PCM upgrades while the Edge is in the shop.

Loose brake calipers might be it. I have noticed when my parking brake is on sometimes the back wheels where the brakes are at make noise when you lean up against the car. Like there wore out of something. I will mention that to the service rider. Thanks, will let yal'll know what it ends up being. Their suppose to get my car in this week.

Loose brake calipers might be it. I have noticed when my parking brake is on sometimes the back wheels where the brakes are at make noise when you lean up against the car. Like there wore out of something. I will mention that to the service rider. Thanks, will let yal'll know what it ends up being. Their suppose to get my car in this week.

Near the 'end' of my time with the Edge I noticed that when I climbed up into the drivers seat I would hear a clunk sound too - from the rear of the vehicle. Not too loud but enough to hear it distinctly. I also had a low speed clunk from the back end for most of my time with the vehicle. Always repeatable if you hit the brakes while moving slowly. I.e. while creeping. Never had it looked at though.

• 2 months later...