2008 Ford Edge No Air/Heat Problems

Michael Walsh

Hello, I own a 2008 Ford Edge SE with 42,000 miles and over the last few weeks my AC/Heat has been acting up. At first it was working intermediately, sometimes it would kick on, other time it wouldn't. Sometimes if I had it "on" and it wasn't working after driving for a bit it would suddenly kick on, but if I turn the car off and turned it right back on it might or might not turn back on.

Now the problem is, it isnt working at all. I dropped the glove box to get to the cabin air filter and cleaned that out and put that back in. When looking in I can see the fan that blows the air through the cabin air filter and into the vents was not spinning at all. With the car on and the air set to max I proceeded to put my fingers in and spin the fan to the right and the fan would begin to turn and the air would go on. However the air would eventually die down after about 3-4 mintues and evenetually turn off and the fan would stop spinning.

I'm not the most car savvy person, I'm hoping someone can help me pinpoint the problem so I don't waste money at the mechanic trying to fix the problem, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Edited by Michael Walsh

Sounds like the blower motor is on its' last legs and needs to be replaced. Haven't really heard of them dying so "soon".

Callout Name: 19805

Part Number Part Description Price Your Price Availability Quantity
(MM-966)
FordMotorcraft.gif
HVAC Blower Motor
Manual Air Conditioning
$206.71

The same callout name/number is used for the automatic climate control system as well.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2008&m=Ford&mo=Edge&initSearch=1&keyword=blower#Search

I am sure you can get the part cheaper at several online sites, including our sponsor, Levittown Ford Supercenter.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Thanks guys, appreciate the help very much. I was surprised it died so quickly too, I wasn't expecting any "problems" so soon with the ac/heat. Fortunately this is the first thing to go wrong with the vehicle since I purchased it 2 1/2 years ago (knock on wood). I'll deinately look into the Levittown Ford Supercenter for the part as it's alot cheaper than Ford itself.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Michael Walsh