A/C front seats

JOEHIO

Well, after having my MKX for almost 2 years, I woke up the other day, and realized, that with my air conditioned front seats, the cool air only comes out from the seat cushion that you sit on, but not the seat back. With my wife's '09 MKS, air comes out from both. Should I expect from both, or just the cushion ?

Joe, I think it does come out of both, but it comes out so lightly out of the back, not nearly as strong as the bottom. The only time I really felt it come out of the back is when I had hurt my back and it was really tight...it was more sensitive to the cold then I think.

Ummm...just to be clear....I'm not advocating that you hurt your back to feel the cooling, LOL.

• Like 1

I get the same feeling, mostly feel air coming from the seat cushion only, but in rare circumstances I might feel it from the back also. I would guess that there is only 1 fan and that there are ducts directing air to the back, hence it feels very week or even not felt at all.

Edited by omar302

Joe, I think it does come out of both, but it comes out so lightly out of the back, not nearly as strong as the bottom. The only time I really felt it come out of the back is when I had hurt my back and it was really tight...it was more sensitive to the cold then I think.

This. I checked tonight.