2008 Limited - Vapor Silver

RayoVac

Hey RayoVac, can you provide some clarification on the color of the dash tray? Is it silver like it was on the 2007 or does it match the charcoal black dash?

Also, I'd love to see a picture of those Pirellis tread pattern up close.

I believe the only Pirellis that come in this size are:

Scorpion STR

pi_scorpion_str_ci2_s.jpg

Scorpion STR A

pi_scorpion_stra_ci2_s.jpg

Hey RayoVac, can you provide some clarification on the color of the dash tray? Is it silver like it was on the 2007 or does it match the charcoal black dash?

Also, I'd love to see a picture of those Pirellis tread pattern up close.

When you say Dash Tray, what exactly are you talking about?

We actually just got an 08 limited at our local dealer and I peeked inside - the tray and the surrounding plastic match the charcoal dash. That interior is pretty damn sexy :)

It also had the 20" wheels - and the "sport tuned suspension" which explains the stiffer ride.

• 2 weeks later...
As promised here are the pictures of my new Edge.

2008 Vapor Silver Limited with Nav, Sync, Appearance Package, 20" Wheels, Rear Cargo Mgt.

As some of you know my wife and I have had a 2007 SEL Edge since January. This will be our second Edge. We will have TWO!

A couple of thing I have noticed driving it home from the dealer:

• The new rear handle is very nice. Easier then the 2007.
  • The ride is a bit firmer, this could be a suspension tune change from ford... or due to the 20" wheels.
  • I love the appearance package, well worth it!!! The red inserts and stitching is awesome.
  • I paired my BT Phone with no problem to Sync. My contacts, previous calls, MP3s (on the phone) all became readily available. It was very cool.
  • I made a number of calls and it sounded pretty good. Maybe not as good of phone sound quality as I hoped but totally usable. The callers on the other end made no negative comments about the sound.
  • The NavTeq DVD is version 6p, this is the same version currently available from NavTeq's web site.
  • The one turn key start thing is cool... Just give the key a slight twist and let go, the car will start itself. I wish they would have just done the fob and a button on the dash. They clearly have all the technology in place.
  • The voice control does more then just Nav and Phone. I was able to tell it to do Audio System, CD, Disk 4... and it switch everything for me. Cool!

O.k. so I know I said "Cool" a lot, but there is a lot of technology to like!

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

Just wanted to say, saw this color in person tonight. Very very attractive color

Congradulations,

Did they improve the center vent in 2008 to allow open and closure of them?

On my 2007, my right hand gets frozen with the A/C blowing from the center vents (console).

There is no way I direct away that cold air from my hand of turn it down except from the main blower power setting which reduces the overall circulation.

I think that was one of the biggest mistake they made on the interior of te EDGE in 2007. Like the side front vents, they should have added the capability to close them or not.

Marc G

Congradulations,

Did they improve the center vent in 2008 to allow open and closure of them?

On my 2007, my right hand gets frozen with the A/C blowing from the center vents (console).

There is no way I direct away that cold air from my hand of turn it down except from the main blower power setting which reduces the overall circulation.

I think that was one of the biggest mistake they made on the interior of te EDGE in 2007. Like the side front vents, they should have added the capability to close them or not.

Marc G

Are you saying the vent can't be adjusted left/right and up/down?

Are you saying the vent can't be adjusted left/right and up/down?

No,

What I am saying is they can be oriented few degrees up/down and left/right but even that is not enough to really send the cold air away from the steering wheel or my legs.

What I would have like is the ability to close them 100% like the one on each side of the dash by the door.

These have the open/close slider at the bottm.

Marc G

No,

What I am saying is they can be oriented few degrees up/down and left/right but even that is not enough to really send the cold air away from the steering wheel or my legs.

What I would have like is the ability to close them 100% like the one on each side of the dash by the door.

These have the open/close slider at the bottm.

Marc G

Vents on both sides of the center stack on the 2008 do not have a closer at the bottom. They cannot be completely closed. Only the side vents can be closed.

• 2 months later...

Hey RayoVac

I have been lurking around here for a while, but this is my first post. I am looking to get an Edge Limited this year, and Silver Vapor and Black are the colors I am trying to decide on. Having lived with your Silver Vapor for a while now, what do you think of it? Does it have its first scratch and if so, does it show up or does the lighter color cover it somewhat? How much does it take for it to start to look "dirty"?

I am living in the city right now, but later this year we are looking to move to a rural town. And a place with lots of snow in winter. Do you have any good tips for me?

Thanks!

Gate292

Hey RayoVac

I have been lurking around here for a while, but this is my first post. I am looking to get an Edge Limited this year, and Silver Vapor and Black are the colors I am trying to decide on. Having lived with your Silver Vapor for a while now, what do you think of it? Does it have its first scratch and if so, does it show up or does the lighter color cover it somewhat? How much does it take for it to start to look "dirty"?

I am living in the city right now, but later this year we are looking to move to a rural town. And a place with lots of snow in winter. Do you have any good tips for me?

Thanks!

Gate292

Gate,

I also live in a snowy climate. The Silver is awesome. I don't have any scratches yet... but even with the snow and salt, it takes a lot to make it look dirty. My wife has an 07 in that deep purple color... hers shows dirt almost after just washing.

Gate,

I also live in a snowy climate. The Silver is awesome. I don't have any scratches yet... but even with the snow and salt, it takes a lot to make it look dirty. My wife has an 07 in that deep purple color... hers shows dirt almost after just washing.

Thanks - I am definitely leaning toward the Silver Vapor at this point. I think I will just have to see it in person to seal the deal!