2008 Limited - Vapor Silver

RayoVac

As promised here are the pictures of my new Edge.

2008 Vapor Silver Limited with Nav, Sync, Appearance Package, 20" Wheels, Rear Cargo Mgt.

As some of you know my wife and I have had a 2007 SEL Edge since January. This will be our second Edge. We will have TWO!

A couple of thing I have noticed driving it home from the dealer:

• The new rear handle is very nice. Easier then the 2007.
  • The ride is a bit firmer, this could be a suspension tune change from ford... or due to the 20" wheels.
  • I love the appearance package, well worth it!!! The red inserts and stitching is awesome.
  • I paired my BT Phone with no problem to Sync. My contacts, previous calls, MP3s (on the phone) all became readily available. It was very cool.
  • I made a number of calls and it sounded pretty good. Maybe not as good of phone sound quality as I hoped but totally usable. The callers on the other end made no negative comments about the sound.
  • The NavTeq DVD is version 6p, this is the same version currently available from NavTeq's web site.
  • The one turn key start thing is cool... Just give the key a slight twist and let go, the car will start itself. I wish they would have just done the fob and a button on the dash. They clearly have all the technology in place.
  • The voice control does more then just Nav and Phone. I was able to tell it to do Audio System, CD, Disk 4... and it switch everything for me. Cool!

O.k. so I know I said "Cool" a lot, but there is a lot of technology to like!

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

That looks GREAT!!!

It would have matched my Mustang perfectly....It is silver with red leather ( My favorite)...

The 20" wheels will ride a little stiffer, but I bet that they stiffened the suspension a little on the front as well. Less nose dive = better braking...

Nice ride..... I am a little jealous.... ;)

Edited by sranger

I ordered it with not having seen the Vapor Silver. I have to say, I am very, very pleased with the color. The metallic flake really seems to stand out. I saw a loaded Navigator on the lot, you can see it right out in front of my Edge. It was also Vapor Silver and I thought cool, my Edge looks just as good as that $55K Navigator! :shades:

Darn, that dreaded handle. I for one am not a fan of the liftgate handle. I think it interrupts the smooth appearance of the rear end. Besides I thought the liftgate was twice as easy to open and close than on my wife's '06 Explorer. I got the power lift hatch so I don't really need the handle anyway.

Sad to see the head rests didn't get changed. I'll either be replacing those or putting them in my bench clamp and bending those posts back about 10 degrees. Trust me, it can be done.

I ordered the Silver too but I didn't opted for the roof rails. Knowing I'd never tie anything down to the roof I fiigured they'd just add to the wind resistance.

OMG do those 20" wheels add some bling factor.

Please be sure to post some comparision pics of before and after tinting. I'm assuming you'll be tinting the front side windows right? Please indicate if you go with the 20% or 30% film. I'm thinking 20% will match best.

I for one am not a fan of the liftgate handle. I think it interrupts the smooth appearance of the rear end.

Please be sure to post some comparision pics of before and after tinting. I'm assuming you'll be tinting the front side windows right? Please indicate if you go with the 20% or 30% film. I'm thinking 20% will match best.

I thought the same thing when I saw that first picture of it. I really do like the clean look on the back of the 07.

(and I will say it again...I am SOOOOO glad TN doesn't require front license plates)

I thought the same thing when I saw that first picture of it. I really do like the clean look on the back of the 07.

(and I will say it again...I am SOOOOO glad TN doesn't require front license plates)

Agreed... I took the front license plate holder off my F-150, I am going to see if it easily comes off the Edge.

Agreed... I took the front license plate holder off my F-150, I am going to see if it easily comes off the Edge.

Same here. Mine was not installed, just sitting inside, but I looked at the directions for installation (just curious) and it required the drilling of 2 holes into the bumper, so, you may have a couple holes once you remove yours, but then the '08 could be mounted differently.

BTW, nice ride

Edited by carbonedge+

I'm very jealous of your SYNC. My next car will have that.

I don't have an IPod yet, but my BT phone can do MP3s. Although I don't have any on it :( But... I choose the Media, BT and Sync played the Ringtones off my phone. LOL

I can easily see where adding an SD Memory card to my phone or getting an IPod would be a cool source for tunes, rather then all the CDs I carry around in my console. I could burn all the CDs to MP3s and have access to way more source then just 6 CDs.

The fact that Sync opens my phone book, recent calls, missed calls, does MMS Texting, shows the roam status, signal strength, battery power. I really like it. This morning when I got in the car... as soon as I turned the key... Beep, Beep, it paired with my phone and away I went.

Well worth the extra few $$$ Sync adds.

RayoVac,

Very nice! I have been leaning towards the Vapor Silver, so I have been very anxious to see some pictures. It looks very nice, in the pictures it looks more pewterish than I expected. Is that the case or is it more silver in color? I noticed the long shadows in the pictures so I realize they were taken in the late afternoon and will often make some colors look different. Any chance of getting a picture in the mid-day sun?

I was planning on going with the charcoal leather interior, but now seeing the red inserts and stitching of the appearance package I will have to give it some serious consideration. In the last picture the steering wheel and dash look light in color, my guess is because of the sun shining into the car. The dash and steering wheel are charcoal in color and darker, right?

The 20" wheels looks amazing and really add to the appeal. Nice looking wheel design without being to garish and over the top. I am glad to see the Pirelli's on there, what is the actual tire size?

The new rear hatch may be easier to use but sort of looks like some kind of exhaust port. Is there a latch in there or is it a button that you push to open it up.

Was yours the only 2008 on the lot?

Thanks for the pictures, I was surprised we didn't get a close up of the "LIMITED" badging. It looks very nice and I am sure that I am not the only jealous one out here wishing it was ours.

Clayton

I don't have an IPod yet, but my BT phone can do MP3s. Although I don't have any on it :( But... I choose the Media, BT and Sync played the Ringtones off my phone. LOL

I can easily see where adding an SD Memory card to my phone or getting an IPod would be a cool source for tunes, rather then all the CDs I carry around in my console. I could burn all the CDs to MP3s and have access to way more source then just 6 CDs.

The fact that Sync opens my phone book, recent calls, missed calls, does MMS Texting, shows the roam status, signal strength, battery power. I really like it. This morning when I got in the car... as soon as I turned the key... Beep, Beep, it paired with my phone and away I went.

Well worth the extra few $$$ Sync adds.

You could also just put the MP3s on a USB thumb drive - you don't need a mp3 player per se.

RayoVac,

Very nice! I have been leaning towards the Vapor Silver, so I have been very anxious to see some pictures. It looks very nice, in the pictures it looks more pewterish than I expected. Is that the case or is it more silver in color? I noticed the long shadows in the pictures so I realize they were taken in the late afternoon and will often make some colors look different. Any chance of getting a picture in the mid-day sun?

I was planning on going with the charcoal leather interior, but now seeing the red inserts and stitching of the appearance package I will have to give it some serious consideration. In the last picture the steering wheel and dash look light in color, my guess is because of the sun shining into the car. The dash and steering wheel are charcoal in color and darker, right?

The 20" wheels looks amazing and really add to the appeal. Nice looking wheel design without being to garish and over the top. I am glad to see the Pirelli's on there, what is the actual tire size?

The new rear hatch may be easier to use but sort of looks like some kind of exhaust port. Is there a latch in there or is it a button that you push to open it up.

Was yours the only 2008 on the lot?

Thanks for the pictures, I was surprised we didn't get a close up of the "LIMITED" badging. It looks very nice and I am sure that I am not the only jealous one out here wishing it was ours.

Clayton

Clayton,

My 2004 F-150 was more Charcoal/Pewter-ish. I would consider the Vapor Silver to be much lighter. It had to be the light, because it definitely is a brighter silver color then a Pewter. You can really see the metallic flake!

Yes... the interior, dash etc. it s darker charcoal almost black color. I can't say it enough... I love the interior package!!!

I will look at the tires to get the size. But I like the Pirellis much better then the continentals on my wifes 2007 Edge. The tread pattern is much "sportier" as well.

There is a little rubber button to push in the rear handle. I agree though with comments by others. The arrangement on our 2007 was not hard to use. And it is a cleaner, less mini-van of a look on the 2007.

Yes... I ordered it back in July. It was the only 2008 they had gotten yet. Also... they mentioned a shortage on the 20" wheels for now. If they place an order... the system tells them the 20" wheels are unavailable or will cause delay etc.

Rayo

You could also just put the MP3s on a USB thumb drive - you don't need a mp3 player per se.

Ahhhh Good point, I did not even think of that. I could just plug the thumb drive into the USB port in the console. Hmmm looks like I need to pick up a thumb drive on the way home! :shades:

Ahhhh Good point, I did not even think of that. I could just plug the thumb drive into the USB port in the console. Hmmm looks like I need to pick up a thumb drive on the way home! :shades:

There is a USB port in the console? I would like to see a picture of this. Is it a new addition on the 2008 or did the 2007's have it as well. I knew there was a Line In port for the AUX function on the radio.

Also I assume you do not get any display from the IPOD when you use the line in, just the music. Is there a way to get the title/artist/album info to display on the radio? I thought I had seen a special cable that plugged into the bottom of the IPOD and used the DOCing connection to do this, but can't recall where I saw it.

Clayton

There is a USB port in the console? I would like to see a picture of this. Is it a new addition on the 2008 or did the 2007's have it as well. I knew there was a Line In port for the AUX function on the radio.

Also I assume you do not get any display from the IPOD when you use the line in, just the music. Is there a way to get the title/artist/album info to display on the radio? I thought I had seen a special cable that plugged into the bottom of the IPOD and used the DOCing connection to do this, but can't recall where I saw it.

Clayton

The USB port is for the Sync connection. You can connect your MP3 player (Ipod, Zune, etc.) or just a thumb drive with MP3s.

Perhaps it's just the photo, but it appears that the plastic surrounding the coin/extra stuff collector at the top of the center stack has been changed from silver-ish to black. I could be seeing things tho?

Hey RayoVac, can you provide some clarification on the color of the dash tray? Is it silver like it was on the 2007 or does it match the charcoal black dash?

Also, I'd love to see a picture of those Pirellis tread pattern up close.