Class Action Investigation

FYI, some of us have had ongoing problems with the MyFordTouch system, myself included.

Problems with Ford MyFordTouch®, MyLincolnTouch® and Sync® Systems – Class Action Investigation

http://www.chimicles.com/problems-with-fords-myfordtouch-mylincolntouch-and-sync-systems

"On July 2, 2013, Chimicles & Tikellis filed a class action lawsuit against Ford in the Northern District of California on behalf of owners and lessees of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles with Sync®, MyFordTouch® and MyLincolnTouch® infotainment systems. The complaint alleges that these vehicles (including the C-Max, Escape, Edge, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Taurus, Flex, Fiesta, F-150, Mustang, Navigator, Milan, Mountaineer, Mariner and Lincoln MKX, MKZ, MKS models) may suffer from a design defect in which the Sync®, MyFordTouch® and MyLincolnTouch® systems fail to operate as designed, including but not limited to, back-up camera freeze, unintended system restarts, system freezes, Bluetooth and phone issues, inoperable navigation, random features turning on and off including the audio and HVAC systems. Some owners and lessees may have been required to undergo costly repairs of these electronic systems or would simply not have paid the upgraded cost for such option had they be advised of the potential design defect at the time of purchase. If you have experienced problems with the MyFordTouch® or MyLincolnTouch® infotainment system in your Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicle, please use the “Email us about this Case” button to contact the following attorneys."

Edited by netizenX

You know, I just bought my Edge and I was about to buy a different one from a different dealer and I decided against it because at 24k miles they determined the MFT was bad. That soured my feelings on that particular Edge already having issues so soon. Seems like this is a VERY common issue.

My only complaint is my cheap basic Samsung phone won't stay paired, especially when my wife's phone is the favorite. It's also difficult to get re paired......unless I take my phone battery out for a few seconds.....then it will almost immediately re connect. Otherwise phone works fine. Wife does not have this issue with her different phone. So I'm thinking I have a phone issue, or phone compatibility issue, not a Sync issue. Or....how do you know?

Wonder how many other reported Sync issues are really issues with other equipment? Or involve other equipment Ford has no control over?

Edited by RJG

I want to post that a new version of MyFord Touch 3.6.2 is available. The update is available at Ford's SyncMyRide website: http://www.syncmyride.com/

It is important to run the latest software and test it thoroughly before engaging a manufacturer in a lawsuit over a system that runs the software. That said, please share any problems with this release of MyFord Touch at http://outofmytouch.com/.

My only complaint is my cheap basic Samsung phone won't stay paired, especially when my wife's phone is the favorite. It's also difficult to get re paired......unless I take my phone battery out for a few seconds.....then it will almost immediately re connect. Otherwise phone works fine. Wife does not have this issue with her different phone. So I'm thinking I have a phone issue, or phone compatibility issue, not a Sync issue. Or....how do you know?

Wonder how many other reported Sync issues are really issues with other equipment? Or involve other equipment Ford has no control over?

I did the 3.6 and that resolved all my phone issues with MLT. My dealer told me the issues were with my phone.

JC

I did the 3.6 and that resolved all my phone issues with MLT. My dealer told me the issues were with my phone.

JC

Interesting, because I think my phone issues started about the time of the last update. Could be coincidence I suppose....will find out. Thanks.

I want to post that a new version of MyFord Touch 3.6.2 is available. The update is available at Ford's SyncMyRide website: http://www.syncmyride.com/ It is important to run the latest software and test it thoroughly before engaging a manufacturer in a lawsuit over a system that runs the software. That said, please share any problems with this release of MyFord Touch at http://outofmytouch.com/.

As I've read so many times, yet the site offers me nothing saying my 3.5.1 is the most up to date available.